Important information to all National Open University of Nigeria, NOUN Graduands.
Following the announcement of the National Open University of Nigeria, NOUN 9th convocation ceremony programme of events, the authorities of the university released some important information to all graduands.
Upon the release of the graduation list, graduating students are required to undergo a clearance process by doing the following:
- Log into your noun portal, click on clearance form, which is on the left-hand side of the menu;
- Print out the form, and fill in the necessary information required, e.g. Name, Matric Number, etc. (student data)
Having done the above, you can return to the portal:
- Click on the Study Centre to clear any issues regarding the Centre. If there are none, an official stamp is required here for proof.
- Click on Library for clearance on books if still having school books in your possession. If there are none, an official stamp is required here for proof.
- Click on Bursary; here is the final process for clearance on Alumni, project fees, IT, etc. This part will also be stamped by the Faculty representative.
- Having satisfied all the above, the student is ready for the graduation ceremony.
Instructions: To be completed by NOUN Graduates ONLY.
- Please, kindly complete this survey questions and submit.
- Print a copy of the Acknowledgement Slip at the end of the survey and submit it during the Clearance exercise for graduation.
- This exercise is meant to build a database as required by the National Universities Commission (NUC) on all Alumni.
- All Graduands who see their names on the graduating list are to visit the link below and fill the survey form, submit and print the form.
- You are expected to present a copy of the printed form for clearance. Click Here to Fill Online NOUN Graduate Exit Survey Form.
NOUN Convocation Clerance Schedule and Requirements.
This is to notify all graduating students that clearance will commence from Wednesday 4th of March, 2020. Students are hereby informed to come along with the following documents for the clearance.
- Evidence of payment for convocation fee of N15,000
- Current E-wallet (March, 2020) Print Out
- Evidences such as Result verification fee, JAMB Regularization fee, project fee, IT fee, Seminar fee, Teaching Practice I & II fee, Practicum fee, Field observation fee, Clinical attachment fee, media attachment fee etc.
Students are hereby advised to come with necessary requirements, all outstanding payments and negative e-wallet balance should be paid before coming for clearance.
NOUN Convocation Clerance Guidelines.
Sequel to the forthcoming 9TH CONVOCATION CEREMONY slated for March 20 – 21st 2020, the under listed criteria are required for clearance of the graduating Students.
- Your name MUST be on the Graduation list
- Ensure that the Student paid for all the necessary Course and Exam fess. (Please see the attached file on COURSE REGISTRATION FEE). They should prove it from their Course and exam registration slips or e-wallet.
- Ensure that the Student paid for:
- JAMB regularization fee N6, 000.
- Result verification fee (Postgraduates N10,000, and Undergraduates N5,000)
- All graduating Students, especially those whose names are on the new website MUST print out their e-wallet for citing by the Accountant/Accounts representative at the Study Centre.
- Confirm and circle the following payment on the e-wallet:
- Prove of payment of CORRECT PROJECT FEE. (UNDERGRADUATE = N15000, PGD = N25000 and MASTERS = N40,000 with effect from 1st of January 2014 to date.
- The wallet MUST have a zero or positive balance. Any Student with a negative balance MUST pay up the difference before he/she can be cleared, Please be careful not to collect fake e-wallet, by insisting on wallets printed directly from NOUN website. The e-wallet must be stamped and signed with name by the Accountant.
- Graduating Students must pay CONVOCATION FEE of N15, 000 in accordance with the advert by the Registry. Upon return of the Convocation gown In good condition, within the stipulated time, a refund of N5,000 will be made into the Student’s bank account
Payment of the N15,000 should be made thus:
- Logon to www.remita.net,
- Pay a Federal Government Agency
- Type: National Open University of Nigeria
- Select: Miscellaneous
- Description: Type your reason for payment (CONVOCATION and REGISTRATION FEE). If you are paying for any other item: Project Balance or Result Verification or Jamb Regularization, etc,. You state it there.
- Name of Student and Matric Number. E.g (Nnamdi Udoka Samuel NOU123456789)
- Phone number
- E-mail address
- Select bank Branch (please avoid using internet or Card payment to avoid issues)
- Take your RRR to any commercial Bank for Payment.
- Ensure you collect the RRR receipt from the Bank
- The Accountant can only collect the bank account details of the Student at the point of return of the convocation gown in the case of Undergraduates, and a signed and stamped slip for Post graduates who are expected to submit their gowns in Abuja.
The bank details of Students who paid N15,000 Convocation and Registration fee should be tabulated in excel format below:
- Name of Students
- Mat No
- RRR No.
- Account No.
- Phone No
ON NO ACCOUNT SHOULD ANY STUDY CENTRE ACCOUNTANT/ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE REQUEST OR COLLECT ALUMNI FEE AS A PREREQUISITE FOR STUDENTS’ CLEARANCE.
Please note that the Students clearance will be subject to final verification and clearance at the Students’ Account Unit before collection of Certificate.
Accountants are expected to act professionally In the discharge of their duties, as compliance is strictly monitored. Any accountant who fails to abide by these directives, would be made to pay if found to be negligent.
Important Information to NOUN Graduands.
A) All those who have completed their programmes and have been cleared for convocation are to sign for and receive academic gowns, hoods and guest invitation cards from their respective Study Centres with effect from Monday, 16th March, 2020.
They are required to present the following for sighting at the points of collection of the items:
i) Evidence of payment of a fee of Fifteen Thousand (N15,000.00) via remita for the use of Academic gowns and Convocation Register.
ii) A duly completed and authenticated clearance form issued at the Study Centre.
Please note that Academic gowns and hoods must be returned to the respective Study Centres.
The sum of Five Thousand (N5,000.00) Naira will be refunded upon the return of the Academic gowns and hoods
B) Graduands are requested to assemble at designated location(s) at the Convocation Arena on Saturday the 21st of March, 2020 between 7.00a.m. and 8.00 a.m. They must be fully robed and on a queue according to their Faculties.
NO ONE, INCLUDING GRADUANDS AND THEIR PARENTS/ GUARDIANS, WILL BE ADMITTED INTO THE VENUE, AFTER 9:00A.M.
C) Commercial Photographers/Video Operators are requested to register to obtain clearance for operation from Bursary Department at the Headquarters, Jabi- Abuja from Monday 16th March, 2020.
D) I. All Graduating Students must wear the prescribed academic gowns. The Security Officers will strictly enforce the “No gown, No entry” policy
II. No form of luggage or handbags will be allowed at the arena. Graduands are advised, without exception, to comply with this directive.
All guests of the University (properly identified with their Invitation cards) are to be seated not later than 8.30 a.m.
III. Parking lots have been provided for use at the designated areas within the University Campus. Guests are to park their cars in areas indicated in their Invitation Cards
Graduands are hereby informed that only Ph.D, First Class graduands and awardees would receive certificates on the day of convocation ceremony. Certificates collection for other graduands would be staggered from Monday, 23rd – Friday, 27th March, 2020 in the following order:
|1.||Faculty of Agricultural|
|Monday, 23rd March,|
|2.||Faculty of Arts||Monday, 23rd March,|
|3.||Faculty of Education||Monday, 23rd March,|
|4.||Faculty of Health|
|Monday, 23rd March,|
|5||Faculty of Law||Monday, 23rd March,|
|6||Faculty of Social Sciences||Tuesday, 24th –|
Wednesday, 25th , 2020
|7.||Faculty of Sciences||Thursday, 26th March,|
|8||Faculty of Management|
|Friday, 27th March,|
GRADUANDS ARE TO NOTE THAT THE UNIVERSITY WILL ABIDE STRICTLY WITH THE ARRANGEMENT ABOVE. SPILLOVER CASES FROM ALL FACULTIES WILL BE ATTENDED TO FROM APRIL, 6TH – 9TH AT THE HEADQUARTERS..
We congratulate all graduands and wish them safe journey to and from their destinations.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!