Internet Society is now accepting applications for its 2020 edition of IGF Youth Ambassadors Program. The deadline for the submission of applications for the Internet Society IGF Youth Ambassadors Program is 28th June, 2020.
Since 2019, the Internet Society has combined the IGF Ambassadors and Youth@IGF into a single program called IGF Youth Ambassadors Program.
Based on the great success of last year’s program, they keep offering this program in 2020 and continue to empower young adults from all around the world by:
- Building their capacity through training;
- Fostering a new cadre of young Internet leaders who are motivated to learn, engage, and act within their region and beyond;
- Partnering with organizations to broaden the depth and breadth of the program;
- Reinforcing the importance of multi-disciplinary leaders in fostering the sustainability, robustness, security, stability and development of the Internet;
- Promoting youth citizenship, diplomacy, volunteerism and community service as key aspects of next generation leadership;
- Broadening their experience and enabling their participation in public policy debates;
- Providing them with opportunities to participate in the global Internet ecosystem and to interact and engage with the broader Internet Governance community;
- Increasing their visibility and preparing them to deliver more meaningful impacts at the local, regional and global levels;
- Mobilizing youth beyond Internet Governance specific topics.
Internet Society IGF Youth Ambassadors Program Eligibility.
All applicants must be:
- Internet Society Members (if you are not a member yet, please, join here!)
- Between 18-30 at the date of the IGF
- Able to present a strong motivation for Internet Governance
- Able to demonstrate interest and expertise in issues on the IGF agenda
- Comfortable with public speaking and communicating positions
- Able to demonstrate interest and experience in key Internet governance related issues
- Capable of appropriately representing the Internet Society and its views and policies as an Ambassador during the IGF
- Capable of continuing to work with the Internet Society locally after the IGF
- Fluent in English
- Able to spend a minimum of 6 hours each week during the eLearning Phase
- Ready to take part in the meetings and webinars
- Not been selected as Internet Society’s IGF Ambassador, Youth@IGF Fellow, or IGF Youth Ambassador before.
Internet Society IGF Youth Ambassadors Program Benefits.
After being selected, participants will
- Take part in webinar series: The individuals who are selected as IGF Youth Ambassadors participate at Webinar Series led by global Internet Governance experts to deepen their knowledge, present their projects/ideas and be prepared for the IGF.
- Attend the IGF: IGF Youth Ambassadors will attend the Internet Governance Forum in 2020 remotely due to COVID-19. They might also have an opportunity to attend the IGF physically in 2021 if there is an in-person event.
- Take part in Collaborative Leadership Exchange: IGF Youth Ambassadors will attend a virtual dynamic leadership session with Internet Society community members, youth representatives from other programs, Internet Society staff and other IGF attendees.
How to Apply for Internet Society IGF Youth Ambassadors Program.
The selection process is conducted in three phases:
- Online application
- Online Internet Governance Course
- Paper Writing
Apply Here Official Link
RECOMMENDED: Check Here for More Scholarships and Opportunities.