IJAW Youth Council Lauds Jonathan for Marine University:
IJAW Youth Council, IYC, has commended President Goodluck Jonathan for siting the Marine University in Okerenkoko, Gbaramatu kingdom, Warri South West of Delta State, urging the host communities to ensure success of the project.
- ASUU Strike: Imo State University (IMSU) Pulls Out, Resumes Academic Session
- Mountain Top University (MTU) JUPEB Admission Form for 2022/2023 Academic Session
- Afe Babalola University Ado-Ekiti (ABUAD) Pre-Degree, JUPEB/Foundation Admission Form for 2022/2023 Academic Session
- Ajayi Crowther University (ACU) JUPEB/Pre-Degree Admission Form for 2022/2023 Academic Session
- Delta State University (DELSU) Pre-Degree Admission List
In a statement by its National Spokesman, Dr. Agagha Clarkson, in Warri, yesterday, the IYC charged Okerenkoko natives fermenting unrest over the university construction project to embrace peace, noting that war does not support development.
IYC also commended the Director General, NIMASA, Ministry of Transport, Senate Committee on Marine Transport and High Chief Government Ekpemupolo (a.k.a Tompolo), for influencing location of the institution in the community.
Clarkson called on Okerenkoko people not to allow personal greed to stall the take-off of the institution, just as he called on aggrieved youths in the area to remain calm and law abiding.
The IYC spokesman said, “The Marine University is the best thing that has happened to the Gbaramatu Ijaws. We all also acknowledge it is a dividend of the struggle led by Tompolo. IYC commends him and call on all to ensure the university establishment is fulfilled.” (VANGUARD)