Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, JAMB admission posting is not the same as admission list. It’s just a list forwarded to various tertiary institutions.
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) says the recent lists forwarded to various tertiary institutions was for candidates that qualified for screening based on institutions’ capacity.
- FG Scholarship Awards for Postgraduate, Undergraduate, HND and NCE 2020/2021
- Unilever Idea Trophy Competition 2021 for Nigerian Students
- Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) Entrepreneurship Programme 2021 for Entrepreneurs | $5,000 in Seed Capital + More
- Türkiye Scholarships 2021 for Undergraduate & Postgraduate Studies | Fully Funded to Study in Turkey
- Sexual And Gender Based Violence (SGBV) Short Video Competition 2021 for Nigerians
The board’s Registrar, Prof. Dibu Ojerinde, made the clarification on Sunday Lagos in a statement. According to the statement, they are in no way the admission lists.
Ojerinde said, “The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board wishes to state that the latest list of candidates sent to all the tertiary institutions contains candidates who qualified for screening based on the individual institution’s capacity. It’s not in any way an admission list.
“However, if this list is not sufficient for the need of any institution, such institution can source from the omnibus printout earlier sent to them by the board. The public and all tertiary institutions should note that admission will only be approved by the board after appropriate screening of the candidates by the institutions.
“The list, which is made up of candidates, who met the national cut-off point within the set criteria, is sent to the institutions. Again, for purposes of clarity, all institutions that have need for more can source from their omnibus printout as stated above. The candid intention of the board is to ensure that available spaces are adequately utilised.”
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!