Presentation done by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) Registrar at the 2020 admission policy meeting. You can download the full presentation below.
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has released the presentation done by its Registrar, Prof. Is-haq Oloyede, during the 2020 policy meeting on admissions to DEGREE, NIGERIA CERTIFICATE IN EDUCATION and NATIONAL DIPLOMA – AWARDING INSTITUTIONS.
- FG Scholarship Awards for Postgraduate, Undergraduate, HND and NCE 2020/2021
- Unilever Idea Trophy Competition 2021 for Nigerian Students
- Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) Entrepreneurship Programme 2021 for Entrepreneurs | $5,000 in Seed Capital + More
- Türkiye Scholarships 2021 for Undergraduate & Postgraduate Studies | Fully Funded to Study in Turkey
- Sexual And Gender Based Violence (SGBV) Short Video Competition 2021 for Nigerians
Some of the points presented:
Minimum National UTME Score & realistic institutional UTME Scores were approved
- 160 for degree – awarding institutions
- 140 for ND awarding institutions
- 100 for NID & NCE awarding institutions
- JAMB & Tertiary Institutions are to ensure that Admissions periods are sacrosanct and must be followed and adhered to
- 1st choice admissions must be done during the period earmarked for 1st choice
- other choices must be processed during the timelines set out for them
- JAMB would communicate Admissions Programmes, Calendars & Timetables to Tertiary Institutions immediately after this Policy Meeting
- At the end of the 1st choice period, all candidates not admitted would be pulled out of the institutions’ platform on CAPS & be made available to other willing institutions
- Any candidate who has chosen an institution as 2nd, 3rd or 4th choice does not need any change of choice or payment to JAMB to be considered for admission during the period of the 2nd choice admission
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!