Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) says the 2018 Unified Tertiary University Examinations (UTME) results that were removed from its portal after the release of all results might have been withheld.
The Board’s Head of Media, Dr Fabian Benjamin disclosed this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria, NAN, Monday in Abuja.
NAN reports that some candidates had earlier cried foul, following the removal of their released results from the website of the Board, after initially accessing it.
See also: 2018 JAMB UTME Result.
The candidates complained that the site displayed, “You do not have any result yet” or “you did not write the examination,” after such results were earlier published.
According to Benjamin, the board may reschedule the examinations for some whose cases were exceptional but some results may have been withheld.
“Once you don’t see your result after a while it means it has been withheld.
“However, there are exceptions and the board intends to reschedule the examinations for those who fall in that category but they would be contacted before then,” he said.
He explained that the board was still working to release other results.
He also noted that the board would continually give an update to the general public on its latest developments as time goes on, especially if there are any changes in the system.
Benjamin also enjoined those who intend to change their choice of institutions before the 2018/19 admissions process begins, to visit the board’s site and follow the procedure as displayed.
He said the process had been ongoing and costs N2, 500 only and can only be processed online, just like every other process of the board.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!