Home Economics JAMB combination » Admission requirements to study Home Economics in any accredited Nigerian university.
The Bachelor’s Degree in Home Economics is competitive. Knowing the prerequisites will enable you have seamless registration and also avoid unnecessary mistakes.
This page provides the following:
- Home Economics O’Level Subjects and Requirements;
- Home Economics Direct Entry Subject and Requirements;
- Home Economics UTME Subjects Combination;
- And other useful information that will enable you to make the right choices so that you gain admission to study Home Economics.
Please read the Home Economics programme admission requirements below carefully. If you meet the required prerequisites you may proceed with your UTME/Direct Entry registration.
- JAMB Subject Combinations for UTME & Direct Entry Candidates | For Other Courses
- JAMB Past Questions
- JAMB CBT Practice Software and APP
- JAMB Syllabus
- Text Books Recommended for UTME
- Universities in Nigeria and Courses Offered
- List of Polytechnics in Nigeria
- List of Colleges of Education in Nigeria
- How to Apply for JAMB UTME
- How to Apply for JAMB Direct Entry
PLEASE NOTE: There are variations to the requirements listed below in some universities. In that case, it’s advisable you make references to the PDF version of JAMB Brochure.
List of Universities Offering Home Economics
- BELLS UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OTA, OGUN STATE – BELLS
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, ABEOKUTA, OGUN STATE – FUNAAB
- UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN, ILORIN, KWARA STATE – ILORIN
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, MAKURDI, BENUE STATE – MAKURDI
- OLABISI ONABANJO UNIVERSITY, AGO-IWOYE, OGUN STATE – OOU
- MICHAEL OKPARA UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, UMUDIKE, ABIA STATE – UMUDIKE
- OSUN STATE UNIVERSITY, OSOGBO, OSUN STATE – UNIOSUN
- UNIVERSITY OF UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE – UYO
UTME and Direct Entry Requirements to Study Home Economics.
Direct Entry Requirement for Home Economics:
- Two (2) A Level passes or equivalents in Chemistry and Biology/Botany/ Agricultural Science/Economics/ Physics/Mathematics/ Geography/Accounting.
UTME Requirement for Home Economics:
- Five (5) SSC credit passes in Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science, Mathematics, Physics, English Language and any one of Nutrition, Fine Arts, Textile, Construction, Technical Drawing, Basic Electricity, Basic Catering and Food Services, Bakery and Confectioneries, General Metal Work, Men Garment Construction and Finishing, Spinning, Weaving, Surface Design and Printing, Bleaching, Dyeing and Finishing, Ladies Garment Construction and Finishing.
UTME Subject combination for Home Economics:
- Chemistry, Biology/Agriculture and Mathematics/Physics or one (1) Social Science subject.
NOTE: Kindly make references to JAMB Brochure for remarks/waiver for Home Economics. CLICK HERE TO ACCESS JAMB BROCHURE.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!