The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has revealed the list of top performing candidates (i.e. the highest scorers) in the 2020 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
According to the 2020 policy meeting document published by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), the thirteen UTME candidates that earned the top 10 in the 2020 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) scored between 352 and 365.
The best candidate who scored 365, was identified as Maduafokwa Egoagwuagwu Agnes, from Anambra State.
Another candidate from Anambra State, Nwobi Okwuchukwu David, also scored 363.
They were followed by a candidate from Edo State with 359 while two candidates from Ekiti made the list on the fourth and fifth positions, scoring 358 and 356 respectively.
Another two candidates from Delta also scored 359 and 352 respectively.
Other states that appeared on the list are Ekiti, Ondo, Akwa Ibom, Kwara, Oyo, and Ogun states.
All 10 candidates applied to study engineering courses, ranging from Industrial Production, Mechanical, Civil, Computer to Electrical Engineering.
Four will attend the University of Lagos, two each will attend Covenant University, Obafemi Awolowo University and University of Ilorin. One will go to Kwara State University.
The names of the candidates and scores obtained are shown below;
1) Maduafokwa Egoagwuagwu Agnes -365
2) Nwobi Okwuchukwu David – 363
3) Ojuba Mezisashe Shalom – 359
3) Elikwu, Victor Chukwuemeka – 359
5) Adebola Oluwatobi Paul – 358
6) Gboyega Oluwatobiloba Enoch – 356
7) Ojo Samuel Oluwatobi – 355
7) Utulu, Jebose George – 355
9) Osom Akan Awesome – 353
10) Akakabota Fejiro Simeon – 352
10) Ogundele Favour Jesupemi – 352
10) Alatise Monsurah Bisola. – 352
10) Adelaja Oluwasemilore Daniel – 352