London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) is now accepting applications from suitably qualified candidates for 2021/2022 Johnson & Johnson Global Mental Health Scholarships. The deadline for submission of applications is 21 March 2021.
The MSc Global Mental Health course is a joint programme provided by the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) and the Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience, King’s College London (KCL).
The programme of study aims to provide students with the knowledge and skills to initiate, develop and oversee mental health programmes and/or policies in low-resource settings, as well as to conduct and critically evaluate research on global mental health. These skills and knowledge will make it possible for students to make valuable contributions in the domains of research, policy and practice as they relate to the discipline of global mental health.
London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine is offering up to four Johnson & Johnson Global Mental Health Scholarships to students accepted onto the 2021-22 MSc Global Mental Health program.
Johnson & Johnson Global Mental Health Scholarship Eligibility
- Applicants must be nationals of, and ordinarily resident in, one of the following countries:
- Africa: Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa
- South-East Asia: Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam
- South America: Nicaragua, Peru
- Applicants from non-English speaking countries (as specified by the Home Office – UKVI) must meet the minimum English Language Requirements (see Band D) if shortlisted for this funding. Applicants who have been shortlisted for this funding will be required to provide proof of English language proficiency by 23:59 (BST) on Wednesday 26 May 2021 for their scholarship application to be considered any further.
Johnson & Johnson Global Mental Health Scholarship Benefits
Each scholarship will cover:
- Full tuition fees at the KCL overseas fee rate; and
- A stipend (living allowance) of GBP 17,400.00; and
- An allowance of GBP 500.00 for MSc project expenses.
How to Apply for Johnson & Johnson Global Mental Health Scholarship
To apply for this funding applicants should complete both steps outlined below by the deadlines noted.
Step 1: Submit an application for study for the MSc Global Mental Health program, with all required documents, through the King’s College London online application portal by 23:59 (GMT) on February 14, 2021.
Step 2: Submit an online scholarships application, selecting this scholarship option from the drop-down menu by 23:59 (GMT) on March 21, 2021. The scholarship application must include the following uploaded documents
- Either of the following two:
- Proof of your application submission for MSc in Global Mental Health for 2021-21 (This can be a PDF document or screenshot of your submission confirmation email dated on or before February 14, 2021); or
- Letter of Offer from KCL, for 2021-22 MSc Global Mental Health program; and
- English Proficiency score results if you have this already. (If you do not yet have suitable English proficiency score results these must be obtained and submitted before 23:59 (BST) on May 26, 2021.
RECOMMENDED: Check Here for More Scholarships and Opportunities.