KPMG Nigeria Job Vacancy for Head of Finance in Lagos…
KPMG Nigeria, one of the leading providers of professional services, is recruiting for Head of Finance. The position role includes, but is not limited to, supporting the CEO in reporting to the board of directors and its three board level committees. The ideal candidate should possess first degree in Engineering, Finance or Business and Numerate related discipline.
Our client is a formal retail outlet who offers its customers a world class shopping experience. In line with its desire to ensure that strategic roles are filled by best-in-class talent with the requisite experience and desired attributes, our Client seeks to recruit an experienced and motivated individual to fill the role of Head of Finance.
Job Title: Head of Finance.
Job Location: Lagos.
Detailed Job Description
- The Head of Finance will provide relevant strategic performance, accounting, cost control, tax and other financial management information and leadership to meet the needs of the board, management, regulatory authorities and other recognized stakeholders.
- The ideal candidate will be expected to have perform the following responsibilities:
- Support the CEO in reporting to the board of directors and its three board level committees.
- Drive the Strategic Planning and Budgetary Process including translating strategic objectives into Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and Key Risk Indicators (KRI’s) for all staff.
- Set operational objectives and goals for the units in the group and ensure achievement of set objectives by implementing balanced scorecard reporting.
- Assist management in formulating business support policies that maximise the market value of the company and minimise its risk profile.
- Oversee all financial and accounting functions/ services in support of the operations including but not limited to:
- Prepare monthly financial statements in line with IFRS
- Review Trial Balance, Journals and Payment Vouchers
- Prepare and review Stock/Inventory reconciliations
- Prepare and review bank reconciliations
- Undertake Tax Management and Planning
- Checking and signing of advices and funds transfer documents
- Preparation of budget and monthly budgetary controls reports
- Prepare monthly profitability reports and chair the meeting for monthly review of profitability and corrective action planning.
- Prepare required returns for FIRS, LIRS, and NSITF etc.
- Relate with Account and Tax Auditors for annual audits
- Manage vendor payments as well as act as a signatory for business transactions and approve operating expenses within authorized limit
- Manage the working capital of the company with special reference to creditors, inventory and debtors
- Liaise with bankers, financiers and consultants as the need arises
- Undertake treasury management by the development of investment proposals and advise the CEO on the best ways of investing surplus funds to grow the business in addition to capital resource planning
- Ensure maximum efficiency and cost control in business administrative operations in order to minimise cost and maximise returns on investment
- Ensure effective financial planning, accounting and cost control for the company
- Prepare other ad-hoc reports as may be required
- Contribute to customer needs identification and the development of new products to meet such needs
- Establish performance objectives and targets for team members
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of the department and of team members
- Communicate with departmental staff on relevant business and corporate matters through regular meetings
- Participate actively in Management Committee meetings and other management bodies
- Provide on-the-job coaching for staff and ensure that other training needs of staff are identified and addressed
- Prepare staff performance appraisals objectively and promptly
- Perform other duties as assigned by the CEO
- First degree in Engineering, Finance or Business and Numerate related discipline
- Professional accounting qualification (e.g. ICAN, ACCA, ACA, ACMA, CFA or CPA)
- Minimum of 10 years post qualification experience in a retail distribution or FMCG firm
- Minimum of 5 years in senior management capacity
- Effective managerial and leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively.
- Knowledge of the Balanced Scorecard as a Performance Management Tool
- Strong strategic thinking and planning skills.
- Experience with MS Dynamics AX is an added advantage
- Strong accounting, audit, business analysis and financial management skills
- Good negotiation skills.
Apply Before: Not Specified.
How to Apply: Qualified? Follow the link below to apply