KPMG Nigeria Job Vacancy for Senior Manager / Experienced Manager, Deal Advisory in Lagos…
KPMG Nigeria, one of the leading providers of professional services, is recruiting for Senior Manager / Experienced Manager, Deal Advisory. The position role includes, but is not limited to, undertaking large engagements, reporting to Partner, with their limited supervision. The ideal candidate should possess a first degree with a minimum of Second Class (Upper Division) in any discipline from a reputable institution.
Job Title: Senior Manager / Experienced Manager, Deal Advisory.
Job Location: Lagos.
- The successful candidates will be required to lead Deal Advisory projects by managing engagement deliverables, timelines and budgets.
- Key responsibilities include deal origination, conducting independent business reviews and working on complex restructuring engagements in all industry sectors.
- Additionally, the individuals will be expected to assist with business development by developing industry research, thought leaderships, proposals, presentations, reports and effective business networking.
- Identification of key issues and carrying out the relevant financial analysis
- Undertaking large engagements, reporting to Partner, with their limited supervision
- Preparation of good TS reports, including review of sections compiled by other team members on the job
- Management of and contribution to the development of junior staff, including timely and objective feedback on every job
- Establishing credibility with clients/targets as a representative of KPMG Deal Advisory team
- Maintaining business contacts at middle/senior levels (i.e. the manager is expected to make a positive commitment to maintaining contact with people they meet on transactions, who may become important providers of work in the future)
- Active participation in compiling industry research, thought leadership and proposal materials for business development activities
- Contribution to the effective working of the team and development of team morale
- Ensuring that risk documentation is completed for all jobs on a timely basis as per the applicable T&R technical/risk management policies
- Contribution to practice development initiative, if possible – sales, people, solution development, etc.
- Strategic planning for public and private sector organizations
- Feasibility study preparation
- Financial modeling and analysis
- Track record of building strong relationships that result in business growth
- Track record of articulating industry research and thought leadership materials that result in business growth
- Experience in developing tailored presentations to market specific services
- Experience in developing and presenting proposals that align with client requirements
- Managing multiple concurrent engagements with clearly defined expectations and work plans
- Providing guidance to team members to ensure successful completion of the engagements
- Tracking financial aspects of the engagements e.g. budgeted and actual costs, reasons for cost variance, etc.
- Ensuring closure of engagements with client confirmations as appropriate
- Ensuring timely and transparent communication with clients
- Developing a clear plan to keep clients updated on the progress and key issues on engagements
- Addressing potential issues proactively to maintain strong client relationships
- Guiding development of analytical framework as required for the engagements
- Ensuring comprehensive analysis of core and peripheral issues relevant to the engagements
- Validating data sources to ensure credibility of analysis and final deliverables
- Following a logical approach to reach robust recommendations
- Producing clear and concise reports that follow a logical structure
- Developing client presentations that are tailored to the audience and capture the salient points of the topic presented
- Developing financial models as required, to prepare financial projections (Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Cash Flow Statement, etc.)
- Reviewing financial models developed by other team members and providing feedback
- Articulating key relevant financial metrics (e.g. IRR, NPV) that are based on assumptions specific to the engagement
- Presenting financial analysis in a reader-friendly manner to highlight most important take-aways for the client
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A first degree with a minimum of Second Class (Upper Division) in any discipline from a reputable institution
- An M.Sc. (Corporate Finance, Economics, Management), MBA or any of their equivalents from a leading business school
- Possession of a Certified Financial Analyst or a Professional Accountant qualification
- For Experienced Managers, a minimum of eight (8) years’ post-NYSC experience in a similar position in a leading professional services Firm (preferably a Big Four member). Deal Advisory or Transaction services experience will be an advantage
- For Senior Managers, a minimum of ten (10) years’ post-NYSC experience in a similar position in a leading professional services Firm (preferably a Big Four member). Deal Advisory or Transaction services experience will be an advantage
- High ethical standards and proven integrity
- Excellent persuasive and negotiation skills
- Strong numerate skills and good business acumen
- Good research and documentation skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Articulate, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to deliver on multiple tasks within tight timelines in a client-driven environment
- Strong people management and project management skills
- A very strong sense of ownership with every assigned task
- Ability to work independently (without supervision)
- Excellent computer skills and working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Knowledge of IFRS will be an advantage
- Sound judgement, discretional ability and good decision-making skills
- Well-dressed, presentable and professional outlook
- Deep industry knowledge and good understanding of underlying operational issues
- Team-oriented individual with good interpersonal and relationship skills
- Willingness to travel within Nigeria or abroad for a period of time
Apply Before: Not Specified.
How to Apply: Qualified? Follow the link below to apply