Kwara State Bursary Scheme to be Replaced with Scholarship
Kwara State Government says it will replace the current bursary scheme for its students in higher institutions with a scholarship programme.
Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed, who said this in Ilorin on Monday, noted that scholarship would make the students to seek academic excellence.
According to the governor, the beneficiaries of the new scholarship programme will receive an enhanced financial assistance from the state government.
He said, “The essence of the government support is to augment what parents do for their children in terms of fees. But we recognise the fact that compulsory as it were today, we will be meeting very little of that need that the parents are meeting.
- House Rejects Motion to Cover WAEC/NECO/JAMB Fees
- NOUN Extends Courses and Examinations Registration Deadline
- College of Nursing Sciences ATBUTH Basic Midwifery Admission Form
- Aminu Saleh College of Education Azare (ASCOEA) Pre-NCE Admission Form
- College of Nursing Sciences Gombe Basic Midwifery Admission List
“We give our students some money in form of bursary. It has its own support, but if you look at what the students require in a year, it is very meagre. It cannot go round all the students.