The Basic (IJMB) programme is an Advance Level Programme intended for candidates aspiring to gain admission into any Nigerian University through Direct Entry (DE).
The programme last for Twelve (12) Calendar months. During this period, students are exposed to intensive lectures from Mondays to Saturday every week. The school’s highly equipped laboratories avail the students the opportunity of undertaking the entire practical required for IJMB programme.
ENTRY REQUIREMENT INTO BASIC (IJMB) PROGRAMME
Candidates aspiring to be admitted into the Basic (IJMB) programme:
- Must have sat and passed the pre-admission test examined by the Center.
- Must obtain a minimum of five (5) O/L credits including Mathematics and English
- Must have successful passed through the BIO DATA and Academic screening processes.
During the programme you will be taught extensively, but only in three subjects. For example, if you wish to study medicine or biochemistry, then your subjects combination is BIOLOGY, CHEMISTRY, PHYSICS. The final result is calculated in points. The higher the points, the better for you, that is: A B C D E F for 5 4 3 2 1 0 respectively.
Now, if a student going for medicine gets A in biology, B in physics, C in chemistry then his aggregates becomes 12 POINTS with the addition of 1 point if there is no F in the grades making a total of 13 POINTS
- O’Level Result (Max of 2 sittings)
- 12 Passports.
+ IJMB “ A” Level in Arts, Sciences and Social Sciences
+ IJMB “ O “ Level in English Language and Mathematics
What makes the programme unique
• Central Location of the College Campus
• Availability of “A” Level Subject Combinations in the Areas of Arts, Sciences and Social Sciences.
• Free Guidance and Counseling Services.
• Affordable Accommodation facilities within the College Campus
• Well Equipped Laboratory
• Competent and Dedicated Staffs.
• Library Services
• Biological Garden/Geographical Garden
• Health Insurance Scheme
Sale of Application is on-line: www.kwcoeilorin.edu.ng/portal/sbrs
Note:Check page 4 of Jamb Brochure, Item 2.2 (2) to confirm IJMB as a requirement for University admission
Our facility in KWARA STATE COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, ILORIN is modern where adequate and effective attention is given to conducive environment and regular lectures in preparation for the final examination. REST ASSURED that we realize that the sole aim of sitting for the programme is ADMISSION and that is guaranteed provided candidate fulfill their part by passing the final IJMB exam.
The centre may assists candidate(s) with admission processing into Ahmadu Bello University Zaria provided you pick the University as your first choice. There is no time to lose as the educational trend is moving fast. Don’t be left behind...
For further information contact the following numbers:
1. Dean School of Basic and Remedial Studies: 08033549072
2. Admin Secretary: 08037246229
3. Programme /Admission officer: 08030406343
4. Desk Officer: 08087947499
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!