Lagos State Government has ordered the closure of all public and private schools in the state starting from Monday, March 23, 2020 over Coronavirus.
As the affected numbers of persons with the dreaded Coronavirus increases, the Lagos State Government has directed that all public and private schools in the state be shut from Monday, March 23, 2020 in order to curtail the spread of the disease.
- FG Scholarship Awards for Postgraduate, Undergraduate, HND and NCE 2020/2021
- Unilever Idea Trophy Competition 2021 for Nigerian Students
- Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) Entrepreneurship Programme 2021 for Entrepreneurs | $5,000 in Seed Capital + More
- Türkiye Scholarships 2021 for Undergraduate & Postgraduate Studies | Fully Funded to Study in Turkey
- Alex Otti Foundation (AOF) Tertiary Education Scholarship 2020/2021
According to a statement posted on the official twitter page of Lagos State Commissioner of Information and Strategy, Gbenga Omotosho, he said, “the move becomes necessary to prevent our children and their teachers from getting more vulnerable to the pandemic”
Eight coronavirus cases have been detected in Nigeria, majority of them in people who arrived Nigeria via Lagos. Lagos is also Nigeria’s main treatment centre for the disease.
“The Incident Command Centre, headed by the Governor, Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu, who is the Incident Commander, will continue to trace all contacts of the identified cases and encourage anyone who has information about suspected cases to report to the nearest hospital or call the emergency telephone numbers 08023169485, 08033565529, 08052817243 and 08023401214.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!