Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the Lagos State University Second 2013/2014 Post UTME Screening Tests, for candidates seeking admission via UTME (100 level) and DE (200 level). This screening test is a mandatory requirement for entry into Lagos State University.
(i) Candidates who have chosen Lagos State University as their Second Choice of institution and those who did not choose LASU at all in the April 2013 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME), but had scored a minimum of 180 marks are eligible to participate in the Second Round of the Post-UTME Screening Test. In addition, candidates must be at least 16 years of age.
(ii) ALL Direct Entry candidates who wish to be considered for admission into the Lagos State University for the 2013/2014 Academic Session and must have obtained Direct Entry Form from JAMB are also eligible to apply for the POST-UTME Screening test. However, these applicants are EXEMPTED from writing the examination. Online registration is compulsory for them.
(iii) Candidates of Lagos State origin, for 100 & 200 levels will be required, if admitted, to prove their claims before the Independent Indigeneship Verification Committee (IIVC) set up by the Lagos State University.
(iv) Candidates should note that ONLY the accredited courses listed below are available for the 2013/2014 Academic Session.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
S/N FACULTY DEPARTMENT
– Yoruba & Communication Arts
– Christian Religious Studies
– Islamic Religious Studies
– History & International Studies
– Theatre Arts
– Portuguese / English
– Arabic Education
– CRS Education
– Islamic Studies Education
– English Education
– French Education
– History & International Studies Education
– Yoruba Education
– Biology Education
– Chemistry Education
– Mathematics Education
– Physics Education
– Physical & Health Education
– Health Education
– Computer Science Education
– Educational Technology
– Business Education
– Accounting Education
– Educational Management
– Geography Education
– Economics Education
– Political Science Education
– Public Administration
– Business Administration
– Banking & Finance
– Management Technology
– Industrial Relations and Personnel Management
4. SCHOOL OF COMMUNICATION – Mass Communication
– Fisheries & Aquatic Biology
– Computer Science
COLLEGE OF MEDICINE
– Geography & Planning
– Political Science
SCHOOL OF TRANSPORT
– Common & Islamic Law
– Civil Law
– Mechanical Engineering
– Electronics & Computer Engineering
– Chemical and Polymer Engineering
A. ONLINE PAYMENT
1. Prospective students will visit putme.lasu.edu.ng and select MAKE PAYMENT option in the drop
down list at the top, to make the required payment of N2,000 for the 2013/2014 LASU Post UTME screening exercise.
The prospective student would be required to submit the following:
a) JAMB Registration Number
b) Surname, First name, Middle name
c) Email Address and telephone number (both must be active and personal to the applicant)
2. Click on PROCEED
- On the next page, a TRANSACTION ID to be used for PAYMENT would be displayed. The candidate should copy this TRANSACTION ID and proceed for PAYMENT at http://www.quickteller.com/lasu
- On http://www.quickteller.com/lasu page,
(i) Click on PAY
(ii) Enter your email address, GSM number.
(iii) Also enter the Transaction ID copied in step 3 above
(iv) Proceed to enter details of your ATM card
(v) Click Process payment
(vi) Print your Payment receipt from the screen. A transaction message will be sent to your email and GSM, hence the need to use your personal E-mail address and GSM number.
B. POST UTME REGISTRATION
- After successful payment for LASU 2013/2014 Post UTME screening exercise, return to putme.lasu.edu.ng and select CONTINUE REGISTRATION option in the drop down list at the top.
- Prospective candidate should enter the required details (JAMB Registration number, surname and Mode of Entry – UME or DE).
- Click on PROCEED button to load the Registration Form.
Each applicant is expected to complete the registration form by providing the following information.
- Candidates will be required to upload a scanned copy of their passport size photograph (File Size: Not more than 20KB; File format: JPEG [i.e. ‘.jpg’]). Application for change of passport photograph by the candidates given provisional admission shall NOT be allowed. This same passport photograph, uploaded by such candidates, will be used on their degree certificates.
- ONLY ONE CHOICE OF COURSE OF STUDY IS ALLOWED
- Carefully study the agreement form. If you agree to the stated terms, click on the ‘I agree’ button on the left-hand side of the page.
Note: If you do not agree to the stated terms you wil not be permitted to go beyond this point. Please read and understand the terms before registering.
- Fill in all required details contained on the online registration form. Confirm THAT DETAILS ARE
- ACCURATE then click FINISH. To make changes, before you click finish, you may click on the Edit button.
- Candidates must possess five (5) O’ Level credits in subjects relevant to their desired course of study at not more than two sittings.
- Candidates awaiting the result of NABTEB, WAEC (May/June) and NECO (June/July) 2013, are eligible to apply. Note that any examination taken after July 2013 shall not be accepted.
- Make sure you print your Registration Form/Slip as this serves as your entry ticket into the screening hall.
- Candidate should know that both payment and registration would end two weeks before the advertised date of the Screening Test.
- Candidate should visit www.putme.lasu.edu.ng a week before the advertised date of the Screening Test to check the Sitting Arrangement and reprint the Registration Slip.
Registration for the payment of application fee for the Post UTME Screening starts from Monday, 2nd September, 2013 and registration closes Friday, 20th September, 2013.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!