Lagos State University (LASU) Centre for Afro-Brazilian Studies (CAS) is now selling applications forms for admission into its programmes of study for the 2019/2020 academic session. See the requirements and how to apply for LASU Afro-Brazilian Studies admission form below.
PREAMBLE: Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the underlisted programmes in the Lagos State University Centre for Afro-Brazilian Studies (LASUCAS)
CELPE-BRAS EXAMINATION TRAINING PROGRAMME: The Government of Brazil gives scholarship in every discipline to hundreds of Nigerian students in every academic session. For any student to enjoy the scholarship tenable in Brazil, he/she must pass an Examination called CELPE-Bras: Certificate of Proficiency in Portuguese Language for Foreigners. The CELPE-BRAS is just like the English TOEFL or the French DELF, since Portuguese is the language of instruction in Brazil. The Examination is conducted twice every year: October and April. This programme is therefore to train candidates for both the Undergraduate and Postgraduate scholarship.
- For a student to qualify, he/she:
- Must have passed WAEC/SSCE with at least five credits.
- Must be between the ages of 18 and 23 years for Undergraduate Scholarship.
- For Postgraduate Scholarship, the candidate must have graduated with at least a 2nd Class lower.
Duration of the Programme: The course is for a period of six (6) months. Lectures will start in October 2019 to March 2020 for April 2020 examination. For October 2020 examination, lectures will start from April to September 2020.
DIPLOMA IN PORTUGUESE AND BRAZILIAN STUDIES: The course is designed to meet the demand of Administrators, Business Executives, Technicians, University Staff and young School Leavers. The Diploma qualifies for admission into the Degree Course in Portuguese/English at the Lagos State University
- A minimum of four (4) credits passes including English Language in the General Certificate of Education (G.C.E. ordinary level) or its equivalent at not more than two (2) sittings.
- Three (3) credits at One (1) sitting is also acceptable and five (5) years working experience in a corporate body or government establishment. In either case, knowledge of French, Italian or Spanish will be an advantage.
- Mature candidate who is above 35 years of age and with Three (3) credits at one sitting.
- Candidates with recognized equivalent certificates from other countries will also be eligible
Duration of course:
- The course will be for a part-time period of Four (4) semesters or Two (2) Academic Sessions.
- There will be a minimum of Twelve (12) hours of study per week for Candidates.
CERTIFICATE IN PORTUGUESE AND BRAZILIAN STUDIES: The course is to cater for the need of those who intend to travel to Lusophone Countries of the world for the purpose of study, trade, news coverage and tourism. The certificate qualifies for admission into the diploma in Portuguese programme at the Lagos State University.
- The West African School Certificate (WASC) or the General Certificate of Education (GCE O-Level) or its equivalent with credits in Three (3) subjects including English at not more than Two (2) sittings.
- The WASC or the GCE O-Level or its equivalent with Credits in three subjects at One (1) sitting and Five years working experience in a corporate body or government establishment.
- Mature Candidates above 35 years of age with Three credit passes at One (1) sitting.
- Any professional certificate or degree recognized by the University.
- Candidates with equivalent certificates from other countries will also be eligible.
Duration of Course: The Certificate in Portuguese & Brazilian Studies is a Two-Module Six-Month Part-Time programme. Each module is be Three (3) months.
PROFICIENCY CERTFICATE IN YORUBA FOR NON-NATIVE SPEAKERS: To train and equip persons interested in the study of the Yorùbá Language, Literatures, Culture, and Communication Techniques across the globe, especially the Brazilians. The course will draw students primarily from Brazil, Portugal, North American countries, Nigeria and other parts of the world.
- Foreigners with a minimum of Secondary School Certificate or its equivalent.
- Nigerian Candidates with a minimum of Three (3) Credit Passes in WAEC or NECO or its equivalent.
- Graduates of Higher Institutions from any discipline.
- Mature candidates who have or have had to minimum of Ten (10) years of work experiences in relevant professions or Thirty-Five (35) years old may be considered for admission.
- A pass in Yoruba is not compulsory.
Duration of Course: The course will run for Eight (8) weeks and shall run on Full-Time basis.
How to Apply for LASU Centre for Afro-Brazilian Studies Form.
Application Form is obtained from Lagos State University Website: www.lasu.edu.ng/lasucas after the payment of (N10,000.00) application fee.The Application Fee for Certificate for Proficiency in Yoruba for foreigners is $50.00.
For further information, please visit the Lagos State University Centre for Afro-Brazilian Studies or call the following Telephone Numbers: +234-80-63323910 OR +234-80-62875401
CLOSING DATE: Closing Date of Application is Six (6) weeks from the date of this publication.
PLEASE NOTE: Entrance Examination and Interview date shall be communicated accordingly.
Candidates are expected to come along with their writing materials and photocopies of all their credentials on the day of the interview
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!