Lagos State University, LASU has introduced an International Student Identity Card ( ISIC ) to serve as a valid proof of identification for its students worldwide.
According to LASU’s official bulletin obtained by the newsmen registration for the ISIC commenced on Monday and will end on April 30.
The bulletin said that ISIC would give LASU students an opportunity to be part of the largest globally recognised, acceptable and verifiable students’ identity.
It says the UNESCO-endorsed ISIC is a passport for reasonable discount on goods and services for students in selected enterprises globally and enables them to pay less on trainings and courses.
Some Benefits of LASU International Student Identity Card ….
- Worldwide means of identification
- Pay less on trainings and courses
- Cheaper travel
- Discount on food and leisure
- Spend less on shopping
Other benefits of the International Student Identity Card to students are as stated below:
- As endorsed by UNESCO, the ISIC is a passport for fantastic discount on goods and services in selected enterprises globally.
- ISIC gives the students the opportunity to save money everyday, both at home and abroad.
- Students are availed the opportunity to be part of the largest globally recognised, acceptable and verifiable students identity.
- It offers discounts on travel, shopping, museums, food, entertainment, transportation, education etc.
- Single card for identity, payment and access to deep discount worldwide
- ISIC offers scholarship on a yearly basis valued at €10,000 in partnership with the Global Study Awards, British Council IELTS and STUDY PORTAL.
In another development, the university has directed its students to swear a court affidavit to be of good conduct.
LASU said the directive was issued against the backdrop of poor attitude, moral laxity and some negative acts displayed by some students of the institution.
“In view of this, all students are hereby requested to submit the sworn affidavit on or before May 15, as failure to comply with the directive by any student will attract sanctions,” it said.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!