The Governing Council of Lagos State University hereby announces that the positions of Registrar, Bursar and University Librarian will be vacant by May, 2018.
In consonance with the Lagos State University Law  and in exercise of the power contained therein, the Governing Council has decided to begin the process of appointing new Registrar, Bursar and University Librarian for the University.
Consequently, applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified applicants for the positions of Registrar, Bursar and University Librarian.
2.0 THE INSTITUTION
Lagos State University (LASU) was established in 1983 by the Enabling Law of Lagos State of Nigeria, for the advancement of learning AND establishment of academic excellence.
A summation of LASU objectives is given as: to create opportunities for deserving candidates to further their education by providing programmes of studies that will give them NOT ONLY marketable skills, but, will also enable them develop their full potentials AND make them well-rounded scholars AND useful members of the Society. LASU is also to meet the specific manpower needs of Lagos State, as well as undertake any other activities, appropriate for a University of the highest standard.
Lagos State University was initially conceived as a multi-campus, collegiate AND non-residential University. The Lagos State Government recently approved that the University should be fully residential while plans are underway to build more student hostels to cater for student accommodation needs. Today, Lagos State University operates a multi-campus system with three  fully owned campuses having its Main Campus at Ojo [along the Badagry Expressway] AND other campuses at Epe AND Ikeja, with the following: Faculties of Arts, Education, Engineering, Management Sciences, Law, Science and Social Sciences; Schools of Agriculture, Communication and Transport; College of Medicine AND Postgraduate School.
In addition, the University operates the following programmes:
LASU Foundation Programme at Badagry under the auspices of the Joint Universities Preliminary Examination
Board [JUPEB]; AND Pre-Degree Studies Programme at Epe.
Lagos State University is reputed for high standards, which it has maintained over the years and is currently ranked the best State University in the Country.
Lagos State University has a Full-Time Undergraduate population of 15,000 Students, over 3,000 Postgraduate Students and over 2,000 Students under the Sandwich mode.
With a large population of candidates canvassing for higher education and the attendant need to solve the challenge of social issues associated with admitting more students, the University sought and recently obtained approval from the National Universities Commission [NUC] for the Establishment of the Lagos State University Open and Distance Learning and Research Institute [ODLRI] to provide quality platform of literacy and opportunities for qualified applicants that cannot be admitted into conventional Universities as well as those that are gainfully employed, but, wish to acquire more knowledge.
The Institute is intended to continuously provide the highest quality of learning and teaching in an open and distance learning environment with the ultimate aim of developing students’ intellectual, moral, civic and creative capacities to the fullest so that they can lead a life full of dignity while contributing meaningfully to National socio-economic development.
The University has also, over the years, maintained a tradition of excellence in various disciplines in Arts, Education, Engineering, Law, Science, Social Sciences, Mass Communication and Medicine and has produced men and women of repute who hold important positions, both Nationally and Internationally, and are still contributing to the development of the Nation and the World in their chosen careers.
THE POSITION OF REGISTRAR
In accordance with the Lagos State University Law , the Registrar is a Principal Officer and is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration of the affairs of the University except financial matters which fall within the jurisdiction of the Bursar.
The Registrar is a repository of University documents/records. The Registrar is the Secretary to Council, Senate, Congregation AND Convocation. The Registrar is a member of the University Management Committee and Head of the University Registry.
The candidate must be a person of proven integrity, possess high moral character, an excellent manager of human resources and a team player. He must be a person with proven leadership qualities and great inter-personal skills.
The job demands a person who can instil confidence in others as well as command loyalty and respect of people. The person must understand the complexity of a University System and be capable of harnessing the potentials of subordinates to attain the overall goals of the University.
The right candidate must have the ability to develop linkages with the external communities to support the emerging needs of the University, command respect and engender cooperation and loyalty of staff and students of the University. He must enjoy good health.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Applicants for the post of Registrar, Lagos State University should possess:
- A good (Honours) Degree plus fifteen (15) years relevant administrative experience in University or comparable
- Institution, with a minimum of five (5) years at the Management level;
- Possession of relevant Higher Degree or Postgraduate Professional qualification(s) in appropriate field(s);
- Candidate must be competent in the use of ICT for management services;
- Candidate must have served for NOT less than Five (5) years at the level of Deputy Registrar in a University or comparable Institution;
- Membership of Association of Nigerian Universities Professional Administrators [ANUPA] and relevant professional associations is mandatory.
THE POSITION OF BURSAR
In accordance with the Lagos State University Law , the Bursar is a Principal Officer and is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration and control of financial affairs of the University across its campuses. The Bursar is a member of the University Management Committee and the Head of the University Bursary.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Applicants for the post of Bursar, Lagos State University should possess:
- A good (Honours) Degree/Higher National Diploma in Accounting plus Fifteen (15) years relevant post-qualification experience, PLUS professional qualification of ICAN/ACA/ACCA/ACMA/ANAN with Twelve (12) years relevant post-qualification experience;
- Possession of relevant Higher Degree and Professional Fellowship;
- Candidate must be proficient in use of relevant accounting software packages;
- Candidate must have served for NOT less than Five (5) years at the level of Deputy Bursar in a University or comparable Institution.
THE POSITION OF UNIVERSITY LIBRARIAN
In accordance with the Lagos State University Law , the University Librarian is a Principal Officer, responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the administration of the University Library and coordination of ALL Library Services in the University (in the Main Library and Libraries across ALL Campuses of the University).
The University Librarian is a member of the University Management Committee. As an Academic Staff member. the University Librarian will be required to provide both academic and administrative leadership to staff members in the University Library.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Applicants for the post of University Librarian, Lagos State University should possess:
- Ph.D. in Library Science or related field with fifteen (15) years University experience;
- Possession of several scholarly publications, administrative experience and ability to provide academic leadership;
- Candidate must have served for NOT less than five (5) years at the level of Deputy University Librarian in a University or comparable institution;
- Knowledge of ICT is mandatory;
- Membership of relevant professional association is mandatory.
In consonance with the Lagos State University Law , the appointment of Registrar, Bursar and University Librarian is for a TERM of four  years respectively, with eligibility for reappointment for a second term of four  years ONLY.
5.0 AGE REQUIREMENT:
Candidates for the positions of Registrar, Bursar and University Librarian must not be above the age of sixty-one (61) years by May 2018.
Remuneration of the Registrar, Bursar and University Librarian in Lagos State University includes Basic Salary of CONUNASS 15, Housing facility AND other benefits AND allowances that apply to the Registrar, the Bursar, the University Librarian in Nigerian Public Universities, as may be approved by the Governing Council, Lagos State University.
7.0 METHOD OF APPLICATION
Candidates should submit formal Application for the posts of:
Candidates should apply with Twenty-Five  copies of their detailed Curriculum Vitae [CV], providing information in the following order:
- Full Name
- Place AND Date of Birth
- Nationality [if Nigerian, indicate State of Origin]
- Marital Status: Number AND Ages of Children
- Academic Qualifications [including Class of Degree; copies of certificates to be enclosed]
- Professional Qualifications [copies of Certificates to be enclosed]
- Post-Graduation/Professional qualification employment
- Current Employment
- Name AND Addresses of Three  Referees, who should be able to attest to the candidate’s standing and abilities,
professionally, managerially, morally as well as on character and integrity
- Contact Address [including telephone numbers AND e-mail address]
8.0 SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION
All applications are to be submitted under CONFIDENTIAL COVER, with the envelope marked “POST OF REGISTRAR, BURSAR and UNIVERSITY LIBRARIAN, LASU” (whichever is applicable), sealed, addressed AND submitted to:
Faculty of Science New Complex,
Lagos State University,
All applications should reach the Vice Chancellor NOT later than Six (6) weeks from the date of this publication.
9.0 SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES
Shortlisted candidates will be required to make themselves available for an interview with the Selection Board at a DATE that will be duly AND formally conveyed to such candidates in writing.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!