Lead City University (LCU), located in Ibadan, Oyo State, has begun selling application forms for admission into its array of postgraduate programmes for the 2023/2024 academic session. This article provides a comprehensive rundown of the courses on offer, the requirements, and a detailed guide on how to apply for the LCU postgraduate form.
|🏛️ University Name||Lead City University (LCU), Ibadan, Oyo State|
|📚 Programme||Postgraduate programmes for the 2023/2024 session|
|📖 Courses||Multiple, including Computer Science, Biological Sciences, Law, Economics, etc.|
|🌐 Application Form||Download from the link below|
|💰 Application Fee||₦20,000|
|📄 Documents Required||Passport Photos, Envelopes, Birth Certificate, ID, Payment Evidence, etc.|
|📧 Email Contactemail@example.com|
|📅 Application Process||Download form, Pay fee, Submit required documents|
Available Postgraduate Programmes at LCU
Applications are open to suitably qualified candidates seeking admission into the various postgraduate programmes at LCU for the 2023/2024 academic year. The diverse array of programmes caters to a wide range of academic disciplines, from Computer Science, Biological Sciences, and Chemical Sciences to Sociology & Psychology, Business Administration, and Community Health. In total, there are 31 key areas of study with a host of sub-disciplines to choose from.
A comprehensive list of the postgraduate programmes available can be found as follows:
1. Computer Science
- Information Science
- Software Engineering
- Information Systems
- Computational Intelligence
- Technology Management
2. Biological Sciences
- General Biology
- Food Microbiology
- Medical Microbiology
- Environmental Microbiology
- Molecular Biology and Genomics
- Brewering Sciences
- Human Nutrition & Dietetics
- Industrial Microbiology (Biotech)
- Pathogenic Microbiology
- Biology (Entomology)
- Environmental Management
- Environmental Mgt. & Toxicology
3. Chemical Sciences
- Nutritional & Industrial Biochem.
- Drug Metabolism & Toxicology
- Environmental Biochemistry &
- Membrane Biochem. & Biotech.
- Cancer & Molecular Biology
4. Office and Information Mgt
5. English & Literary Studies
7. Law and Diplomacy (MLD)
8. Library and Information Science
9. Politics and International Relations
- International Relations (MIR)
- Political Philosophy
- Political Communication
- International Politics & Diplomacy
- International Law and Diplomacy
- Strategic & War Studies
- Peace and Conflict Studies
- Diplomatic Studies
- Law, Politics and Gender Studies
- Public Administration
- Local Government Studies
- Corporate Governance
- Intergovernmental Relations
- Intercultural Studies
- Intercultural Leadership & Admin.
- Hospital Administration
- Governance & Public Sector Mgt.
- International Business
11. Mass Communication & Media Tech.
- Print Journalism
- Radio/Televisionand Film
- Advertising and Public Relations
- Printing and Publishing
- Broadcast Management
- Sports Journalism (Professional)
- Public Relations (Professional)
- Advertisement (Professional)
- Journalism (Professional)
12. Sociology & Psychology
- Environmental Psychology
- Industrial Psychology
- Clinical Psychology
- Personality & Social Psychology
- Medical Sociology
- Developmental Sociology
- Gender Sociology
- Criminology & Security Studies
13. Economics/Development Studies
14. Industrial Relations & Personnel Management
17. Multidisciplinary Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Banking and Finance
- Business Administration
- Tourism, Event and Hospitality Mgt.
- Corporate Communication Mgt.
- Human Resources Management
- Procurement & Supply Chain Mgt.
- Production & Operations Mgt.
- Industrial & Labour Relations
- Insurance & Risk Mgt.
18. Educational Management
19. Science Education
- Biology Education
- Chemistry Education
- Computer Education
- Evaluation & Measurement
- Mathematics Education
- Physics Education
20. Kinesiology, Sports Science & Health Education
- Health Education
- Sports Administration
- Sociology & Psychology of Sports
- Exercise Physiology
- Sports Management
21. Guidance and Counselling
22. Library and Information Science
23. Performing Arts and Film Studies
24. Social Studies Education
25. Business Education
26. Measurement & Evaluation
27. Environmental Design & Management
- Land Administration
- Geographic Information System
28. Public Health
- Maternal & Child Health
- Sexual & Reproductive Health
- Occupational & Environmental Health
- Health Education & Promotion
- Public Health Nutrition
- Public Health
- Health Policy & Management
29. Community Health
- Health Promotion & Education
30. Health Information Management
- Preventive Medicine and Primary Care
- Health Policy and Management
- Environmental Health Sciences
31. Degrees combined with Professional Qualifications
- M.Sc Business Admin./ACIB
- M.Sc Accounting/ACTI/ACIB
- M.Sc Finance/ACTI/ACIB
- M.Sc Economics/ACTI
- M.Sc Taxation/ACTI
Admission Requirements for LCU’s Postgraduate Programmes
Admission into LCU’s postgraduate programmes requires specific qualifications. The Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) requires a degree from LCU or any university recognised by LCU’s Senate, or a Higher National Diploma (HND) or its equivalent professional qualification. The programme’s duration is two semesters for full-time study.
For the Master’s Degree programmes, candidates must be a graduate of LCU or any other recognised university, with a minimum of a Second Class (Lower Division). The duration of full-time study for the Master’s degree is 18 months (3 semesters).
Admission into the M.Phil programme requires an M.Sc from LCU or any other recognised university. The minimum duration for the full-time M.Phil programme is four semesters. Candidates can, after the first year, transfer to the PhD programme if they satisfy the conversion requirement with a CGPA of 4.0 or 60% in the course work and present an acceptable PhD research proposal.
Admission to the direct PhD Degree programme requires an M.Phil from LCU or any other recognised university, with a CGPA of 4.00 or 60%. The duration for the PhD programme is six semesters.
How to Apply for LCU’s Postgraduate Programmes
Interested candidates can download the application form from LCU’s official website at https://lcu.edu.ng/images/PGOnline_Application_Form.pdf. The cost of the application form is ₦20,000.
Applicants need to provide the following documents for admission:
- 4 passport photographs (Formal dressing).
- 6 small-sized envelopes.
- 6 postal stamps (₦50 each).
- 2 photocopies of their birth certificate.
- The original transcript.
- 2 photocopies of their identification card.
- Evidence of payment for the admission form.
Upon completion of the application form, candidates should forward the documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, visit the admissions page on the university’s website at https://lcu.edu.ng/index.php/admissions/postgraduate.
Recommended: List of Universities Selling Postgraduate Forms.