Federal College of Education (FCE) Kano Seeks College Librarian:
This is to inform the general public that the Governing Council of the College invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill in the vacant position below.
- Framing overall Library policy, personal contracts and liaison with departments.
- Preparation of Library budgets.
- Engaging in matters of common interest
- Responsible to Provost for the smooth running of Library of the College e.g. attending Faculty/School meetings as member of N. L.A. Librarian Committee, etc.
- All other matters of academic interest for the College
- A good degree in the relevant field (Professional Library Qualification) from a recognized University with at least 18 years cognate experience or a Masters Degree (M.L.S) with at least 15 year cognate experience.
- Presentation of evidence of relevant Publications in Journals and Textbook plus Conference Papers.
- Registration with recognized professional body(ies).
- Must be ICT compliant.
Salary Grade: CONTIDESS 15
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit fifteen (15) copies of their applications with copies of their curriculum vitae containing the details in the following order(s):
- Full names, Surname underlined
- Date and Place of Birth
- State of Origin and Local Government Area
- Marital Status
- Current Post Address, including Telephone Numbers plus Email Address
- Permanent Home Address
- Educational Institution Attended with dates
- Academic/Professional Qualifications obtained with dates
- Membership of Professional Association/Bodies
- Names and Addreess of three (3) Referees, one of which must be the current employer
- Report of Medical Fitness (from a Government Hospital)
The Office of the Registrar,
Federal College of Education
Candidates are requested to ask their referee(s) to send confidential report on them to the same address above, before the closing date.
Closes by 28th November, 2013.