JAMB has published the list of Prohibited Items that won’t be allowed into any of its centres during this year’s examination. The items are:
Electronic devices such as:
spy reading glasses
hard disk and other similar storage devices
books or any reading/writing material
The bulletin partly states: “to ensure that the board’s examinations meet best global practice, the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board has prohibited the use of the following items during examinations.
“Candidates are hereby advised not to bring these items close to the examination venue in their best interest. Any breach of this directive would bar the candidates from taking the examination.”
JAMB’s spokesperson, Dr. Fabian Benjamin disclosed that some candidates who breached the directive and brought some of the devices to the hall last year were caught and handed over to security agencies.
1. Biometric Verification will be the only mode for the admittance of candidates into the examination centre. Strict adherence to the guide on compulsory biometric verification of every candidate is required.
2. No Candidate should be kept waiting if he/she cannot be verified. Such a candidate should be recaptured at the centre before leaving. ONLY genuine cases will subsequently be treated.
3. There is no other Attendance Register apart from the biometric verification. Biometric verification will also serve as Attendance Register during examinations.
4. Photo Albums will only carry pictures with no marking points for either Present or Absent status.
5. All Examination Officials, including the security agents, are to ensure compliance with all guidelines, rules, and regulations on the examination.
Share This Post: If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it using the buttons below!