Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, LUTH Biomedical Engineering programme admission form for the 2022/2023 academic session is out.
- Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LUTH) Community Health Officers Course Admission Form
- Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LUTH) School of Medical and Psychiatry Social Work Admission Form
- Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LUTH) School of Health Information Management Admission Form
- Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LUTH) School of Nursing Admission Form
- Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LUTH) Post-Basic Nursing Admission Form
The Federal School of Biomedical Engineering (FSBE), Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LUTH) is now accepting applications from suitably qualified candidates for admission into its National Diploma (ND) and Higher National Diploma (HND) programmes for the 2022/2023 academic session.
The Federal School of Biomedical Engineering, located at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital, was one of five (5) Schools of Biomedical Engineering established by the Federal Ministry of Health in 2003 in response to a shortage of adequately trained Biomedical Technicians who can fit into a significant aspect of our high-technology-based healthcare system; trained technicians who would operate, maintain, and repair medical equipment for optimal performance. We aim to produce quality Biomedical Engineering Technicians/Technologists for health care institutions, pharmaceutical industry, medical equipment manufacturers and representatives, and other related industries through our fully accredited National Diploma and interim accredited Higher National Diploma programmes in Biomedical Engineering Technology. We also intend to serve as a centre of academic excellence by promoting extensive practical-based classes, as well as sound moral principles, ethics, national unity, excellence, and service to humanity. Our goal is to be the leading and most innovative Biomedical Engineering school in the world. ‘Saving lives by saving medical equipment,’ says our mission statement. Our mission is to train an adequate qualified Biomedical Engineer/Technician who can manage, operate, maintain, and repair Hospital Equipment required for the Health Care Delivery System, thereby contributing to our country’s technological and economic growth.
LUTH School of Biomedical Engineering Admission Requirements
To be eligible for the course, you must possess the following qualifications:
- A Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSCE) or General Certificate of Education (GCE) or National Examination Council (NECO)/ West African Examination Council (WAEC) certificate, or their equivalent, with a minimum of five (5) credit passes, which includes Mathematics, English Language, Chemistry, Physics and Biology.
- Additional credit or ordinary pass in any of the following subjects will be an advantage: woodwork, metalwork, Auto-mechanics, Basic Electronics, Basic Electricity and Technical Drawing.
- National Business and Technical Examinations Board (NABTEB) results are also accepted by the school for admissions.
- Applicants must also write the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and obtain an acceptable score in any of the combinations of Use of English, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and biology as set out in the JAMB brochure.
- Post UTME examination and screening
- HND Applicants must possess:
- National Diploma in Biomedical Engineering from NBTE accredited institutions
- A minimum of one-year cognate work experience or one-year industrial attachment.
How to Apply for LUTH School of Biomedical Engineering Admission Form
The Application Fee is N10,000.
- Go to the Admission Portal at https://luth.gov.ng/schools and select your preferred school.
- Fill out the Account Creation Form Make sure you provide accurate information and a working email address. Following the creation of your account, you will receive an email with your login information. You will receive instructions on how to make payment, either immediately or later.
- If you want to make a payment right away, a prompt to “MAKE PAYMENT” will appear after you create an account.
- You will be redirected to the Remita website to complete your payment. A Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) code, which was generated automatically when your account was created, will be attached. Please be aware that the platform accepts a variety of payment methods.
- Following successful payment, the applicant should go to https://luth.gov.ng/profile, login with the user ID provided in the email, and fill out the Application Form for the desired programme.
NOTE: APPLICANTS MUST PRINT THEIR COMPLETED ONLINE APPLICATION BIO-DATA, WHICH IS SENT TO THEIR EMAIL AFTER APPLICATION COMPLETION. SHORT-LISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE REQUIRED TO PRESENT THIS DURING THE ENTRANCE EXAMINATION.
Deadline: Not Specified.
Phone Number: 08126843334