Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, LUTH Medical and Psychiatry Social Work admission form for the 2022/2023 academic session is out.
- Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LUTH) Community Health Officers Course Admission Form
- Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LUTH) School of Health Information Management Admission Form
- Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LUTH) School of Biomedical Engineering Admission Form
- Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LUTH) School of Nursing Admission Form
- Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LUTH) Post-Basic Nursing Admission Form
The School of Medical and Psychiatry Social Work (SMPSW), Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LUTH) is now accepting applications from suitably qualified candidates for admission into its a-year programme effective from October 2022 leading to the award of a certificate in Medical and Psychiatry Social Work.
The Medical Social Services Department of the Lagos University Teaching Hospital established the School of Medicine and Psychiatry in 1990. It was discovered that there was a training gap in the country’s education of Medical and Psychiatry Social Workers. To address these shortcomings, the Medical Social Services Department created a training programme with the primary goal of developing skilled Medical and Psychiatric Social Workers across the country. As a result, the course objectives have been updated over time to reflect the changing dynamics of human society and the importance of Social Workers adapting to those changes. Our mission is to train Medical and Psychiatric Social Workers who have in-depth knowledge and understanding of personal, cultural, and social determinants of health, as well as clinical skills, critical thinking skills, community engagement, and advocacy skills, in order to provide world-class social services in a clinical setting. This is a 12-month professional certificate programme.
LUTH School of Medical and Psychiatry Social Work Admission Requirements
To be eligible for the course, you must possess the following qualifications:
- A Graduate degree in Social Work, Sociology and Psychology from a recognised Tertiary Institution
- Other degree courses maybe considered if applicant possesses a minimum of 3 years experience in Social Work Practice.
How to Apply for LUTH Medical and Psychiatry Social Work Admission Form
The Application Fee is N10,000.
- Go to the Admission Portal at https://luth.gov.ng/schools and select your preferred school.
- Fill out the Account Creation Form Make sure you provide accurate information and a working email address. Following the creation of your account, you will receive an email with your login information. You will receive instructions on how to make payment, either immediately or later.
- If you want to make a payment right away, a prompt to “MAKE PAYMENT” will appear after you create an account.
- You will be redirected to the Remita website to complete your payment. A Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) code, which was generated automatically when your account was created, will be attached. Please be aware that the platform accepts a variety of payment methods.
- Following successful payment, the applicant should go to https://luth.gov.ng/profile, login with the user ID provided in the email, and fill out the Application Form for the desired programme.
NOTE: APPLICANTS MUST PRINT THEIR COMPLETED ONLINE APPLICATION BIO-DATA, WHICH IS SENT TO THEIR EMAIL AFTER APPLICATION COMPLETION. SHORT-LISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE REQUIRED TO PRESENT THIS DURING THE ENTRANCE EXAMINATION
Closing Date: Six (6) weeks from the date of publication.
Phone Number: 08126843334