National Universities Commission (NUC) has granted Maritime University, Okerenkoko, Delta State, the go-ahead to commence graduate degree programmes beginning from the 2017/2018 academic session, and admit JAMB candidates.
The NUC approved three faculties for the University; namely Faculty of Marine Transport with four departments including Nautical Science and other departments like Transport, Logistics; the third one, Marine Economics and Finance, and lastly, Port Management. Then, Faculty of Engineering; where they have Marine Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Petroleum and Gas. Finally, the Faculty of Environmental Management; where they have Environmental Management and Pollution Control, Meteorology and Climate Change, Fisheries and Marine Geology.
- Nigerian Content Science and Technology Innovation Challenge 2021 for Students
- Unilever Idea Trophy Competition 2021 for Nigerian Students
- Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) Entrepreneurship Programme 2021 for Entrepreneurs | $5,000 in Seed Capital + More
- Türkiye Scholarships 2021 for Undergraduate & Postgraduate Studies | Fully Funded to Study in Turkey
- Alex Otti Foundation (AOF) Tertiary Education Scholarship 2020/2021
A statement by the media aide to the vice president Laolu Akande says the gesture was in line with the Buhari administration’s new vision to develop the Niger Delta region and the Maritime University will be extended all privileges accorded to other Federal Universities.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!