Ministry of Commerce of People’s Republic of China (MOFCOM) is now accepting scholarship applications from citizen of a developing country other than the People’s Republic of China. Deadline for the application of MOFCOM Scholarship is 30th April 2018.
MOFCOM Scholarship is set up by Ministry of Commerce of People’s Republic of China to further strengthen the communication and cooperation between China and other countries as well as to develop talents for developing countries. Starting from 2015, MOFCOM Scholarship mainly sponsors the young and the middle-aged talents from recipient countries to pursue their postgraduate degree education in China and entrusts China Scholarship Council to administer the Scholarship.
MOFCOM Scholarship supports Master’s program for 2-3 years or PhD program for 3-4 years. Scholarship winners must register for English-taught program if such program is available. When only Chinese-taught program is available, students should take Chinese language training courses for one to two years before moving on to their degree study.
MOFCOM Scholarship Benefits.
- tuition waiver;
- teaching material fee waiver;
- research and survey fee waiver;
- dissertation guidance fee waiver;
- one-off resettlement fee:
- 3000RMB per master student,
- 3000RMB per PhD student;
- on-campus accommodation;
- 3000RMB per month per master student,
- 3500RMB per month per PhD student;
- medical insurance
- one-time round-trip international airfare for all the students (First time fly to China after enrollment, and Fly back to home country while graduation), and a maximum of “n-1” (“n” is for the length of schooling year which is set while the student was enrolled by the program) round-trip international airfares for home visits (one time per year set at the end of an academic year).
MOFCOM Scholarship Eligibility.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- be a citizen of a developing country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health;
- be a bachelor’s degree holder when applying for master’s program;
- be a master’s degree holder when applying for doctoral program;
- be under the age of 45 when applying;
- have sufficient English or Chinese proficiency which meets the academic requirements of the program. English: IETS 6.0 or above, Chinese: HSK level 4 (score180) or above, or other evidence which indicates your English or Chinese proficiency is adequate.
How to Apply for MOFCOM Scholarship.
- Application Form for MOFCOM Scholarship; Ensure you have both submitted it online and printed the hard copy via www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or www.campuschina.org.
- Photocopy of highest diploma;
- Photocopy of academic transcripts;
- A Study Plan or Research Proposal with a minimum of 400 words;
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form;
- Photocopy of English or Chinese proficiency;
- Photocopy of a valid passport.
1.Submit all the application materials listed above in both hard copy and scanned copy to the Economic and Commercial Counsellor’s Office of Chinese Embassy before 30th April, 2018. Hard copy must include both the original copy and the photocopy, as indicated above. For emails and addresses of the Economic and Commercial Counsellor’s Offices, please visit http://www.china-aibo.cn.
2.Submit a written request to the Economic and Commercial Counsellor’s Office of Chinese Embassy for an official recommendation letter and clearly state:
- a) Whether the applicant is willing to be considered for a similar program at other universities if the applied programs could not accept the applicant.
- b) Other special requests if any.
- a) All the documents to be submitted should be in Chinese or English. Otherwise, a notarized copy in Chinese or English is required.
- b) An original copy of degrees, transcripts, Foreigner Physical Examination Form and language certificates must be presented for on-site verification.
- c) Applicants will get back all the hard-copy materials, both original copies and photocopies from the Economic and Commercial Counsellor’s Office. If admitted, they must take the documents to China and submit them to the University during on registration in early September
RECOMMENDED: Check Here for More Scholarships and Opportunities.