MRCG Doctoral Training Program Scholarship 2022
Last updated on
The Medical Research Council Unit the Gambia (MRCG) is now accepting applications from eligible candidates for its 2022 Doctoral Training Program Scholarship. The deadline for the submission of applications for the MRCG Doctoral Training Program Scholarship is September 16, 2022.
The studentship starts in December 2022 / January 2023 and will be full-time for four years, involving collaboration with the Medical Research Council Unit The Gambia at LSHTM and a European University Full financial support will be provided.
MRCG Doctoral Training Program Scholarship Project One & Eligibility
- Epigenetics as a potential mediating mechanism linking climate variation with lifelong health and disease.
- First Degree (B.Sc) in Mathematics, Computational or Biological Sciences
- MSc in Computational Biology or related discipline, e.g. Genomic Medicine, Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics
- Some experience in at least one of the following computer coding languages: R.python, Perl,
- Ability to work independently and to tight deadlines
- Experience in the computational and bioinformatic analysis of one or more types of ‘omics data (e.g.genome, epigenome, transcriptome,microbiome)
- An interest in molecular biology and its relationship to human health, e.g., genetics, genetic epidemiology, health data science.
- Please email Dr Matt Silver (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further details.
- Project main supervisor: Dr Matt Silver (email@example.com).
MRCG Doctoral Training Program Scholarship Project Two & Eligibility
- Developing Strategies to coordinate Healthcare provision between The Gambia and Senegal (SHEGAS).
The Eligibility Criteria
- Be in possession of an MSc in Public Health or a related subject from a recognised university
- Ability to conduct qualitative research
- Excellent communication skills in English and at least one other Gambian national language
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally
- Ability to work independently and to manage competing priorities.
- Previous experience of work in The Gambia.
- Please email Dr Melisa Martinez Alvarez (Melisa.Martinez-Alvarez@lshtm.ac.uk) for further details.
- Project main supervisor Dr Melisa Martinez Alvarez (Melisa.Martinez-Alvarez@lshtm.ac.uk).
How to Apply for MRCG Doctoral Training Program Scholarship
Interested and qualified candidates should obtain the application form sending an e-mail request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Further information can be obtained by an e-mail request to email@example.com
- The Medical Research Council Unit The Gambia at LSHTM is an Equal Opportunities Employer and Operates a Strict No Smoking Policy.
- Your data provided will be protected in accordance with the Unit’s data protection policy and will only be used for candidate selection and University registrations.
Deadline: Friday, 16th September 2022, at 4:00 pm.
Ace Your Exams: Join Our Online Classes For JAMB, WAEC, NECO & NABTEB Candidates