MTN Job Vacancy for Senior Manager, Corporate Transactions …
MTN, leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, is recruiting for Senior Manager, Corporate Transactions. The position role includes, but is not limited to, giving support towards influencing Governmental & Regulatory Policies affecting the Company’s businesses. The ideal candidate should possess First Degree in any relevant discipline / Masters advantageous.
Job Title: Senior Manager, Corporate Transactions.
Job Location: Lagos State
- To manage the company’s contractual arrangements regarding drafting, legality, structuring, fiscal efficiency and compliance; ensuring that all practices, policies and business activities fall within the bounds of the company’s legal posture.
- Provide technical leadership /advice in the formulation and development of Legal and Regulatory framework, policies/guidelines and ensure compliance of operations with MTN policies and procedures.
- Advise management and team members on practices in the areas of commercial and business law, research applicable laws and provide recommendations on the legal consequences of business initiatives.
- Conduct due diligence and structuring of deals relating to commercial transactions, effectively managing transitions/transformational issues and risks between entities and external parties.
- Give support towards influencing Governmental & Regulatory Policies affecting the Company’s businesses.
- Draft and advise on company contracts relating to supplier agreements as well as gather/evaluate relevant facts on decisions and highlight attendant risks.
- Provide legal advice; effect best -practice legal services within assigned entities and review company contract draft on supplier agreements handed over to Divisions.
- Carry out complex legal assignments requiring substantive legal knowledge in diverse practice areas with emphasis in securities, corporate and contracts law.
- Work with external solicitors to manage all ongoing litigation, dispute resolution matters, outside counsel and other advisors appropriately.
- Coordinate compliance monitoring and direct risk management efforts related to daily operations in areas including management controls, public company compliance obligations, disclosure issues, reporting requirements, Nigerian law compliance, and general corporate governance matters.
- Supervise the development of appropriate responses to employment and other claims; supervise litigated matters and work with outside counsel at regular intervals.
- Regularly monitor and review resources of the department ensuring they are allocated and utilized in a cost effective and financially disciplined manner and in line with budget provisions.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- Travel – local and international
Experience & Training
- First Degree in any relevant discipline / Masters advantageous
- Fluent in English and language of country preferable
- 10 years legal work experience in commercial legal practice or within the Legal Department of reputable and structured business environment, preferably a multinational corporation.
- Manager track record of 3 years or more; with at least 3 years in relevant sector/ industry
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies advantageous
- Ability to perform sophisticated legal analysis
- High levels of comfort and confidence with litigation
- Strong and effective business communication (verbal and writing skills)
- Ability to plan and execute numerous complex projects under pressure
- In depth experience and understanding of the Nigerian framework
- Demonstrated business acumen and superior judgment
- BA, BEd, BEng, BSc, BTech or HND.
Apply Before: 17th May, 2018.
How to Apply: Qualified? Follow the link below to apply