The Musical Society of Nigeria (MUSON) in conjunction with The MTN Foundation (MTNF), announces entrance examinations for the 8th set of the MTNF/MUSON diploma course in Music for the 2013 – 2014 academic year. The MUSON School of Music is staffed and equipped to meet international standards in Music education.
The MTN Nigeria Foundation Limited by Guarantee (MTNF) was established by MTN Nigeria Communications Limited, in July 2004 to drive MTN Nigeria’s Corporate Social Investment (CSI) initiatives aimed at improving the quality of life in communities across the country.
Applicants for the MTNF/MUSON diploma course in Music are expected to possess the following requirements:
1. The General Certificate of Education (G.C.E) Ordinary Level with credits in five (5) subjects including English Language or;
2. The Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSCE) with a credit in English Language.
3. The 5 credits must have been obtained at not more than two sittings and before admission to the diploma course.
1. Practical: Grade five (5) or higher pass certificate of The MUSON School of Music. examinations or another music examining body recognized by The MUSON School of Music such as ABRSM or Trinity.
2. Theory Grade five (5) or higher pass certificate of The MUSON School of Music examinations or another music examining body recognized by The MUSON School of Music as mentioned above.
3. N/B: Applicants who possess the above music certificates must also satisfy the academic requirements.
Examination / Audition / Interview Dates
The examinations will take place from October 2 – 3, 2013 and will take the form of:
1. A written examination in music theory at approximately grade 5 standard and general music knowledge.
2. An audition on a major instrument or voice of at least grade 5 standard before a faculty jury.
3. An aural interview.
Application Closing Date
16th September, 2013
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their letters of application together with copies of certificates, two (2) passport photographs and contact telephone number(s) or e-mail address should be sent to:
The Director MUSON School of Music
8/9 Marina, Onikan Lagos.
1. Interested applicants who are deficient in the theory requirements but display outstanding practical ability in the opinion of the faculty Jury, may be considered for admission but must enroll in the remedial theory course to meet the necessary standard by the end of the first year.
2. All applications should reach the Director, MUSON School of Music on or before the stated closing date.
3. Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted.
4. Only short listed applicants will be notified and provided with an examination number which permits them to take examinations, audition and interview.
5. Successful candidates from the examinations will then be offered admissions.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!