The Non-Academic Staff Union of Educational and Associated Institutions, Yaba College of Technology, Lagos chapter, has urged the Federal Government to pay the backlog of the Consolidated Tertiary Institution Salary Structure 15.
Chairman of the institution’s chapter of NASU, Mr. Ilesanmi Olatunbosun, told the News Agency of Nigeria in Lagos that members of the union were tired of sitting at home for over two months.
The national executive of the union on November 4, 2013, had directed all its members in federal institutions to embark on an indefinite strike over the non-payment of the arrears.
Olatunbosun said the government had implemented the CONTISS 15 migration in 2013, but did not release funds for the payment of the arrears, which covered a period of three years.
He expressed dissatisfaction at the manner in which the matter was being handled by the government.
“All our members in federal universities are still on strike.
- Universal School of Aviation (USA) Convocation Ceremony Schedule
- House Rejects Motion to Cover WAEC/NECO/JAMB Fees
- NOUN Extends Courses and Examinations Registration Deadline
- College of Nursing Sciences ATBUTH Basic Midwifery Admission Form
- Aminu Saleh College of Education Azare (ASCOEA) Pre-NCE Admission Form
“The strike is over two months and nothing is happening. We have not received any directive from our national body to resume work,” he said.