Nigerian College of Aviation Technology, NCAT resumption date for the commencement of training activities has been announced.
The management of the Nigerian College of Aviation Technology (NCAT) has announced the phased resumption of training activities post COVID-19 lockdown.
NCAT Resumption Date
- Nigerian Content Science and Technology Innovation Challenge 2021 for Students
- Unilever Idea Trophy Competition 2021 for Nigerian Students
- Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) Entrepreneurship Programme 2021 for Entrepreneurs | $5,000 in Seed Capital + More
- Türkiye Scholarships 2021 for Undergraduate & Postgraduate Studies | Fully Funded to Study in Turkey
- Alex Otti Foundation (AOF) Tertiary Education Scholarship 2020/2021
The College has obtained the approval of the NCAA and NBTE for resumption of training activities post COVID-19 lockdown. The College will commence phased resumption of training activities from Monday, 12th October 2020 with enhanced safety and training measures in line with it’s COVID-19 Prevention/Control Procedures Manual.
To ensure maximum safety and comfort of trainees at the College, some precautions and measures were adopted to prevent the spread and transmission of COVID-19 virus. Such precaution and measures include:
- Development of COVID-19 Prevention/Control Procedures Manual (NCOVID-19PM) in line with the recommendations of the NCAA, NBTE, Federal Ministry of Health, and WHO;
- Regular, well-supervised, and documented cleaning and disinfection of aircraft, simulators, trainers, training equipment, classrooms, briefing rooms, aircraft hangars, hostels, cafeteria and other training facilities in strict compliance with the NCOVID-19PM and NCDC recommendations;
- Health Screenings of all students on arrival at the College’s Aeromedical Center;
- Provision of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for all trainees and staff as well as enforcing the mandatory use of face masks during trainings and in public spaces;
- Provision of Handwashing and Hand sanitizing points at multiple locations within the College premises;
- Fixing of Signages at strategic locations in the College to sensitize staff and trainees about the prevention and control of COVID-19;
- Rearrangement of seats in classrooms, workshops, laboratories, cafeteria and other training facilities to ensure physical distancing of 2m. Each classroom is currently arranged to accommodate half of its normal capacity;
- Labelling of seats to ensure social distancing in Lecture Theater, offices, common rooms, laboratories, workshops and hangars;
- Conduct of Online HSE training with emphasis on COVID-19 Prevention/control for all trainees prior to resumption.
While you are planning for resumption of training at the Nigerian College of Aviation Technology, Zaria, please visit our website: www.ncat.gov.ng to get acquainted with the NCAT Resumption Flow Chart, our current COVID-19 Prevention/Control guidelines and instructions for Students, AMC Health Information Form, and Resumption dates for returning students.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!