The Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB) is now accepting entries from 100-200 level students in public and private Universities in Nigeria for its annual National Undergraduate Oil and Gas Essay Competition. The deadline for submission of entries for the NCDMB Essay Competition is 25th September, 2020.
The NCDMB Annual National Undergraduate Essay Competition is sponsored by the Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB) to promote academic excellence and Nigerian Content to encourage the youths to build local capacities and competencies for effective participation in Nigeria’s Oil and Gas industry.
Essay Topic: Research and Development as a Lever for Local Content Implementation in Nigeria’s Oil and Gas Industry.
NCDMB Essay Competition Prizes.
Prizes will be awarded as follows:
- N1,000,000 for 1st place,
- N500,000 for 2nd place,
- N300,000 for 3rd and
- 4th – 10th places finishers shall each receive a laptop.
NCDMB Essay Competition Rules.
- This contest is open only to 100-200 level students in Public and Private Universities in Nigeria.
- Entrants must submit either a letter of admission or a signed Letter of Attestation from his / her Head of Department (HOD).
- All essays must be original works specifically written for the competition.
- Co-authorship of essay is not permitted.
- Entrants are to submit only one entry.
- Completed manuscripts and accompanying documents must be submitted to: ncdmbessay.com on or before 25th September, 2020. Late manuscripts will not be considered. Hardcopy submissions will not be accepted. (Register on Website First)
- Manuscripts must not exceed 1,500 words.
- Current contact information of each entrant including phone number and email address MUST accompany the manuscript.
- Entrants’ names shall not appear on the manuscript, but on a separate title page to be removed when a number is assigned to the entry.
- Shortlisted entrants will be contacted for the virtual interactive assessment to defend their submitted essays.
- Essays will be judged based on: Clarity of Expression, Spelling and Grammar, Originality of thought, Depth of Analysis, Relevance to Industry, and Conformity to Contest Rules.
- All essays will be subjected to plagiarism check (software application) to determine originality.
How to Enter NCDMB Essay Competition.
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
Apply Here Official Link
- Successful Top 10 Finalists will be notified by the 16th October, 2020.
- The virtual award ceremony comes up 27th October, 2020
- Do not include your personal details inside the ESSAY CONTENT i.e your email, phone number, address, name, University and state or else it will be disqualified.
- The winning essay will be published in the NCDMB’s in-house magazine, Local Content Digest.
Apply Before: 25th September, 2020.
RECOMMENDED: Check Here for More Scholarships and Opportunities.