The Nigerian Defence Academy has proffer solution to the clash between their entrance examination date and the JAMB Computer Based Test (CBT) option date. Read the full gist below.
1. The Nigerian Defence Academy Entrance Examination (NDAEE) is scheduled to take place on Saturday 17 May 2014 in 23 centres across the country. Only candidates who make the national minimum cut-off mark in the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) are to be eligible to write the NDAEE on the said date. However, the attention of the Academy has been drawn to the case of some candidates who chose the JAMB Computer Based Test (CBT) option, which commences on 17 May 2014, for the JAMB examinations. Performance in JAMB was to be a pre-condition for eligibility to take the NDAEE.
2. In view of the above, it has become necessary for NDA to make the following clarifications. All candidates, especially those who applied for the JAMB CBT option, and the general public are hereby informed that the date of the NDAEE remains unchanged as Saturday 17 May 2014. However, in a bid not to exclude any candidate from the examination, all CBT candidates will be allowed to sit for the NDAEE on the said date. Only those who meet the national minimum cut-off mark after the CBT examination will be considered for shortlistment to the Armed Forces Selection Board. The results of those who score less than the national minimum cut-off mark of 180 will be discountenanced. Those candidates who have already taken the Paper and Pencil Test (PPT) or the Dual Based Test (DBT) and have scored less than the national minimum cut-off mark need not bother to attend the NDAEE as it would be a wasted effort, considering that they are not eligible.
3. Consequently, all CBT candidates and those who have met theminimum cut-off marks from JAMB PPT and DBT examinations should access the NDA Applications Portal and print out their Examination Admission Cards. Candidates are once again reminded to bring along the following items to the Examination Centre:
- a. Acknowledgement Form (downloaded from the Internet).
- b. JAMB result slip (for PPT and DBT candidates only).
- c. Examination Admission Card.
- d. Two postcard sized (3.5 x 5 inches) photographs with Candidate’s Name, State of Origin, Course Chosen and Name of Exam Centre written at the back of the photographs.
- e. Writing materials, including HB pencil and eraser.
4. We wish all our candidates the best of luck in the NDAEE.
- Nigerian Defence Academy Contacts and Address
- Nigerian Defence Academy Examination Centres in Nigeria
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!