After ASUU Strike: NDU, OAU to Resume on January 6 2014:
Niger Delta University, Amassoma, Bayelsa State will resume academic activities on January 6, 2014, its Registrar, Mr. Tombra Morris-Odubo, has said.
- ASUU Strike: Imo State University (IMSU) Pulls Out, Resumes Academic Session
- Mountain Top University (MTU) JUPEB Admission Form for 2022/2023 Academic Session
- Afe Babalola University Ado-Ekiti (ABUAD) Pre-Degree, JUPEB/Foundation Admission Form for 2022/2023 Academic Session
- Ajayi Crowther University (ACU) JUPEB/Pre-Degree Admission Form for 2022/2023 Academic Session
- Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Remedial & Basic Studies (IJMB) Registration Procedure for 2021/2022 Academic Session
The registrar made this known in a statement in Yenagoa on Monday.
Students, he said, would return to school on January 3, while the institution’s first semester examination would commence on January 13.
He noted that the university fixed the date for the resumption after its Senate had reviewed the academic calendar of the institution.
According to the calendar, first semester examinations will commence one week after resumption, beginning with the Faculty of Education on January. 13.
Meanwhile, the Chairman of the Academic Staff Union of Universities of the university, Mr. Beke Tuobokiye Sese, said lecturers were ready to return to work after the over five-month strike by university teachers.
He said, “We are ready for academic work so as to make up for the lost time.”
In a related development, the authorities of the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, have announced Sunday, January 5, as resumption date.
A release by the institution public relations officer, Mr. Abiodun Olarewaju, said academic activities for the 2012/2013 rain semester would commence immediately on Monday, January 6.
“Consequently, students of the university are expected to come into residence on January 5 as lectures will commence immediately on January 6, 2014,” he said.