In the continuous quest to promote literacy, critical thinking, and pertinent societal discussions, the Students’ Union Government (SUG) of Federal Polytechnic, Nekede invites all eligible female students to participate in a poignant essay writing challenge. The theme, centred around gender issues, is a reflection of contemporary dialogue surrounding equality and education.
|Event 🖊||SUG Essay Writing Challenge|
|Theme 🌐||THE ROLE OF EDUCATION IN FOSTERING GENDER EQUALITY FOR GIRLS|
|Date 🗓||Wednesday, 11th October, 2023|
|Venue 📍||Federal Polytechnic Nekede, Owerri, Imo State|
|Time ⏰||9:00 am|
|Eligibility ✅||Female students, Financial good standing, Entry: 3rd-9th Oct, One essay, SUG & Dept. receipts|
|Submission 📩||On or before Monday, 9th October, 2023|
|Prizes 🎁||1st: 1 carton of sanitary pads; 2nd: Half carton; 3rd: 5 packs; Others: Consolation prizes|
“The Role of Education in Fostering Gender Equality for Girls”
Wednesday, 11th October, 2023
Federal Polytechnic, Nekede, Owerri, Imo State
9:00 am sharp
Eligibility and Submission Guidelines
Before diving into this thoughtful writing exercise, participants need to ensure they meet specific criteria:
- Bona-fide Studentship: Only female students currently enrolled at Federal Polytechnic, Nekede, Owerri, Imo State, are eligible.
- Financial Status: A participant should be financially clear with both the Students’ Union Government and her departmental association.
- Submission Window: Begin your essay writing journey from Tuesday, 3rd October, 2023. But remember, all essays need to be submitted by Monday, 9th October, 2023.
- One Shot: You have one opportunity to make an impact. Each participant is entitled to submit just one essay.
- Receipts: When submitting, ensure you also provide your SUG and Departmental payment receipts.
- Word Count: While brevity is a skill, this challenge requires depth. Essays should not be less than 500 words.
The SUG recognises the value of contributing to such a significant discourse. As a gesture of appreciation:
- 1st Position: A carton of sanitary pads
- 2nd Position: Half a carton of sanitary pads
- 3rd Position: 5 packs of sanitary pads
And not to forget, other participants will receive consolation prizes. Every voice counts!
This essay challenge isn’t just about writing skills; it’s an opportunity to contribute to the discussion on gender equality. Federal Polytechnic, Nekede’s SUG envisions a world where students are not just recipients of education but are also thinkers, influencers, and change-makers. Here’s a chance to be a part of that vision. Best of luck to all participants!
RECOMMENDED: Check Here for More Scholarships and Opportunities.