Newgate University post-UTME/Direct Entry screening admission form for the 2022/2023 academic session.
The Senate of Newgate University Minna invites applications from competent applicants for various academic programmes available for the 2022/2023 academic year. Apply early to benefit from advantages such as early admission and access to available scholarships.
Newgate University Admission Requirements
Admission to the University’s undergraduate degree programmes is dependent on faculty and/or departmental requirements. Please review the subject requirements for each programme. Meanwhile, the University’s general minimum entrance criteria for undergraduate programmes include the following:
University Matriculation Examination (100 Level)
This is admission conducted through the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) consequent to writing the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) .
The applicant shall possess the WASCE/SSCE/GCE/NECO or its equivalent (from a recognized institution) with credit passes in five subjects including English and Mathematics in not more than two sittings. A candidate shall, in addition, have an acceptable score in UTME in relevant subject combination.
Direct Entry (200 Level)
- The applicant must possess a pass at Lower Credit/Merit level in relevant Ordinary National Diploma (OND), Higher National Diploma (HND), National Certificate of Education (NCE) or equivalent in addition to meeting the O’ Level requirements for admission into undergraduate programmes; or
- Two GCE or Cambridge A’ Level or the Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB) or the Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board (JUPEB) passes in relevant subject combinations in addition to meeting the O’ Level requirements for admission into undergraduate programmes; or
- Three A’ Level passes in relevant subjects with WASCE/SSCE/GCE/NECO ‘O’ Level credit passes in 3 subjects obtained in not more than one sitting.
- In all cases, an O’ Level credit in English Language and Mathematics shall be required.
How to Apply for Newgate University Post UTME Form
The following are major steps involved in applying for a degree programme at NUM. Please read them carefully before completing and submitting your application form.
Step 1: Find a Programme
- Find and choose the academic programme you would like to study (click HERE to view our Programmes)
- Check the admission requirements, especially specific grades and subject combinations required for your chosen programme before applying.
- Take a colored passport photograph with white background.
- Scan your all academic credentials as one file and saved in PDF format
- Make a payment of N25,000.00 (twenty five thousand Naira only) at our designated bank account:
- Name of Bank: WEMA BANK
- Account Name: NEWGATE UNIVERSITY MINNA
- Account Number: 012 420 7262).
- You will need the bank deposit slip or payment transaction PRINT OUT (if you used POS) to submit your application.
Step 2: Complete the Application Form
- The applications form can be accessed online using the University admission portal (click HERE to access the Portal). Follow the steps below to apply online;
- Create an account using your e-mail and a password. You will always login to the portal using this e-mail and password to monitor the progress of your application.
- You will receive notifications regarding your application on this email. It is recommended that you check your email regularly to receive updates on your application.
- Once you login to the portal, click on the APPLY NOW button displayed under the running scheme.
- Fill in all the required fields to be able to submit your application.
- Upload your academic credentials as one PDF file
- Choose the Mode of payment and input the Bank Deposit Slip (Teller) number or transaction code (if you used POS or Electronic Transfer).
- You may start an application, save it, and return to it any time before submitting.
- Alternatively you may wish to fill a hard-copy of the application form if you are having problems with internet network.
- Obtain a hard-copy of the application form from the admission office at our City Campus along Minna-Bida Road, Minna or at any of our designated selling Centers or Agents with evidence of payment of the application fees.
- Return the completely filled application form with the relevant supporting academic documents and evidence of payment to the Admissions Office at the City Campus of the University or to the Centre or Agent where you obtained the form.
Step 3: After Submitting your Application
- After submitting your online or hard-copy application form, you will be notified by email of the successful submission of your application (allow for 3 working days if you submit a hard-copy of the form).
- When a decision has been made regarding your application, you will be notified as soon as possible (usually takes about 5 working days following notification of successful submission of application).
- You may be invited for an online or in-person interview before you are offered a provisional admission letter if your application is successful.
- If you haven’t received an email one week after submission of your application, please contact the admission office through e-mail (email@example.com) or call +234 817 881 2480 or +234 938 5743
The closing date for submitting your application forms and the required attachments is Friday 30th September, 2022.
- Applicants are strongly warned against presenting forged or other people’s academic documents to support their applications for admission. The consequences, if discovered, are very grave indeed.
- Don’t pay application fees to any BANK ACCOUNT other than the one stated on our website.
- Applicants are advised to use the right names as it appear on their academic documents when filling the forms.
RECOMMENDED: List of Schools Whose Post UTME Forms are Out.