NLNG Prize for Literature 2023 | Up to $100,000 for Grab
Applications are now open for the Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas (NLNG) Prize for Literature 2023 | Up to $100,000 for Grab.
- Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas (NLNG) is now accepting applications for the 2023 edition of The Nigeria Prize for Literature.
- The winner(s) would receive an award of one hundred thousand US dollars ($100, 000.00).
- The deadline for submission of entries is March 31, 2023.
Last updated on by Olusegun Fapohunda
The Nigeria Prize for Literature is currently seeking submissions. Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas (NLNG) Limited awards the annual literary prize to the author of the best Nigerian book published in the previous four years.
The prize is divided into four literary categories: prose fiction, poetry, drama, and children’s literature. The competition this year is for Drama.
The competition is solely available to published works by Nigerian writers, regardless of domicile. It bears a $100,000 reward.
See also: NLNG Prize for Literary Criticism and Nigeria LNG (NLNG) Prize for Science.
Nigeria Prize for Literature Panel of Judges & Advisory Board
Panel of Judges
- A panel of judges has been appointed by the Nigerian Prize for Literature by the Advisory board for the Nigeria Prize for Literature.
- The appointment of the judges has been done to reflect the genre in completion for the year.
- Persons appointed for judges has wide experiences, peer recognition, good public image and command respect nationally and internationally.
Panel of Judges:
- Professor Ameh Dennis Akoh – Chairman
- Prof. Osita Catherine Ezewnanebe – Member
- Dr. Racheeda Liman – Member
- International Consultant – Prof. Victor K Yankah
- Prof. Akachi Adimora Ezeigbo – FNAL FLSN Chairman
- Professor Olu Obafemi – FNAL NNOM Member
- Professor Ahmen Yerima – FNAL FSONTA Memb
NLNG Prize for Literature Submission Procedure
- All applicants must submit their entries accompanied by an application form obtainable online from The Nigeria Prizes website, www.thenigeriaprizes.org. Completed forms must be printed and submitted along with the entries. Go to www.thenigeriaprizes.org for more details on submission.
- Twelve (12) copies of entry and an e-copy, with evidence of Nigerian citizenship (photocopy of Nigerian passport or National Identity Card), may be submitted either by author or publisher. Books should be submitted to Nigeria LNG Limited’s External Relations Division, promoters of the prize, by the stipulated deadline.
- An author will enter only one published work. Unpublished work will not be considered. No book previously submitted for this competition may be re-submitted at a later date, even if major revisions have been made or a new edition published. The prize will be awarded for no other reason than excellence.
- No member of the Advisory Board or Panel of Judges can enter their work(s) for the award in the period in which they are serving and two years thereafter. No entries will be accepted from staff of Nigeria LNG and their families.
- Failure to meet all stated conditions above will lead to disqualification of the entry.
How to Enter NLNG Prize for Literature
Interested and qualified candidates should send their entries to:
The Nigeria Prize for Literature,
External Relations Division,
Nigeria LNG Limited,
Corporate Head Officer
NLNG Road, Amadi Creek,
Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
Application Form Official Link
All entries must be in by 31st of March, 2023. Late entries will not be considered.
The winner(s), if any, will if be announced and presented in October 2023. For further information, visit the Prizes’ website, www.thenigeriaprizes.org and NLNG website, www.nigerialng.com
Ace Your Exams: Join Our Online Classes For JAMB, WAEC, NECO & NABTEB Candidates