Nigerian Law School (NLS) urgent notice to all the students currently undergoing externship programme.
This is to remind all student currently undergoing the externship programme that in line with provisions of the Externship Handbook for Nigerian Law School Students, at the conclusion of the Externship Program, each Extern/Student is expected to return to his or her Campus, with the following specific documents, among others, for purposes of Portfolio Assessment:
- THE LAW FIRM SURVEY FORM, DULY COMPLETED: This Form is expected to be completed by the student/extern during Law Firm externship.
- THE COURT SURVEY FORM, DULY COMPLETED: This Form is expected to be completed by the student during Court externship.
- FIELD SUPERVISOR’S CONFIDENTIAL REPORT (Externship Evaluation Report): This Form is expected to be completed by the Field Supervisor, and handed over to the student/extern personally, in a sealed envelope, at the end of the Law Firm Externship. The Field Supervisor in a Law Firm is usually the Principal/Head of the Firm or a person/lawyer duly authorized by him/her in the Firm, to supervise Nigerian Law School externs in the Firm.
- WRITTEN EVIDENCE OF PLACEMENT (FOR COURT EXTERNSHIP): Letter of Posting or any document indicating that the Extern was officially posted by the Nigerian Law School to the Court in which you did your Court Externship.
- WRITTEN EVIDENCE OF POSTING (FOR LAW FIRM EXTERNSHIP): Letter of Posting or any document indicating that the Extern was officially posted by the Nigerian Law School to the Chambers in which you did your Law Firm Externship.
- TWO OFFICIAL LOG BOOKS: One Log Book for Court Externship and the other one for Law Firm Externship. Each extern/student must have carefully completed the Log Books, with accurate reports and reflections, as advised, during the externship programme, in line with official instructions.
- (DRAFT OF) DOCUMENTS PREPARED BY THE STUDENT/EXTERN DURING EXTERNSHIP (IN COURT OR IN THE LAW FIRM-— These must be endorsed by the affected Court, Judge or Law Firm/Chambers. These may include, but not limited to, writs, pleadings, Deeds, reports, letters, CAC/Probate/Writs/other Forms, legal opinions, Presentations etc, prepared or reviewed by the Extern during the externship (in court or in the Law Office)
- DOCUMENTS OF INTEREST THE STUDENT ENCOUNTERED OR WITNESSED IN THE COURT OR LAW FIRM DURING EXTERNSHIP — These must be endorsed by the affected Court, Judge or Chambers
- BRIEF REPORT OF COURT & CHAMBERS EXTERNSHIP (IN POWERPOINT SLIDES) BY THE STUDENT: Note that the report must cover all your experiences in the Court (both Magistrates’ and High Court (State or Federal) and National Industrial Court, for those who were there), your experiences and knowledge learnt in your Chambers attachment.
- ATTENDANCE RECORD (register of attendance) FOR COURT & LAW FIRM
- TWO REFLECTIVE ESSAYS, as follows:
- An essay on “ETHICAL DILENtylA” &
- An essay on “MANAGEMENT & ORGANISATION OF THE LAW FIRM TO WHICH I WAS PLACED’
All the reports and documents must be submitted by the students/externs on resumption during the port-folio assessment.
PROFESSOR ISA HAYATU CHIROMA, SAN
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!