Want to apply for Direct Entry with a Lower Credit grade on your National Diploma (ND)/Higher National Diploma (HND) certificates? Most universities prefer Upper Credit to Lower Credit (in the case of ND holders), however, candidates with Lower Credit can still approach some universities to be considered for admission.
Lower Credit HND got no problem. It’s accepted by most universities that admit via Direct Entry. But lower credit in ND is only considered by a few universities.
See: 2021 JAMB Direct Entry Registration: Instructions & Guidelines.
We have compiled the list of universities that accept Lower Credit based on the admission requirements recorded in JAMB Brochure.
- All private universities – you may need upper credit for some courses.
- Ekiti State University (EKSU), Ado-Ekiti
- University of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN)
- Osun State University (UNIOSUN)
- Ahmadu Bello University (ABU)
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University formerly Anambra State University (ANSU)
- University of Calabar (UNICAL)
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)
- Usman Dan Fodio University Sokoto (UDUSOK)
- Niger Delta University, NDU, Wilberforce
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology, ESUT
- Nasarawa State University (NSUK), Keffi
- University of Jos, UNIJOS
- Umaru Musa Yar’Adua University, UMYU
- Federal University of Technology, Minna, FUTMINNA
- University of Ilorin, UNILORIN (accepts lower credit in history and performer art)
Make sure you check JAMB Brochure to confirm whether you can apply for a course with Lower credit in ND. Some others schools too may allow, but not listed here.
Note: It’s your responsibility to validate the genuineness of our listing from JAMB brochure.
See also: Official Up-to-date JAMB Brochure.