Nigerian Institute of Journalism, NIJ admission form (ND, HND, PGD and Special Programmes) for the 2022/2023 academic session is now on sale.
- Ramat Polytechnic Admission Form
- Wavecrest College of Hospitality Admission Form
- Dorben Polytechnic Admission Form
- Federal College of Animal Health and Production Technology Vom (FCAHPTVOM) Admission Form for 2022/2023 Academic Session [Remedial, ND and HND]
- Kaduna Polytechnic (KADPOLY) HND, Diploma, Pre-HND & Pre-NCE Admission Forms for 2021/2022 Academic Session
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Nigerian Institute of Journalism (NIJ) National Diploma (ND), Higher National Diploma (HND), Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) and Special programmes for the 2022/2023 academic session.
Are NIJ graduates mobilized for NYSC? YES!! NIJ Grads are usually mobilized for NYSC. Like other graduates from universities in Nigeria, upon completion of the HND program, students who fall within the required age for NYSC and meet all other criteria are mobilized to serve in the National Youth Service Corps.
Nigerian Institute of Journalism (NIJ) Admission Requirements
Post UTME – ND Programme
Nigerian Institute of Journalism ND Programme – Mass Communication
- Five S.S.C.E credit passes including English Language, Literature in English and Mathematics at not more than two sittings.
- Prospective candidates are expected to obtain the approved cut-off mark in the 2022 Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board’s (JAMB) Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME)
Nigerian Institute of Journalism HND Programme – Mass Communication
- Five Credit pass as it is for admission into National Diploma
- National Diploma in Mass Communication with a minimum of Lower Credit from a recognised and NBTE-accredited institution.
- Evidence/Proof of a one-year mandatory Industrial Attachment.
- Admission is made directly by the Institution.
- At the end of the course, successful candidates are awarded a Higher National Diploma in Mass Communication.
Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) Programmes
NIJ PGD programmes – Postgraduate Diploma in Print, Broadcast Journalism and Public Relations/Advertising.
- You must pass the following subject(s) in O’Level obtained at not more than 2 sittings.
- A credit pass in Mathematics
- A credit pass in English Language and at least credit pass in 3 other subjects
- First Degree or Higher National Diploma from a recognized institution.
The School runs specialised short-term courses for professional practitioners and intending practitioners in specialised areas of Mass Communication, Journalism and allied areas. There are such programmes as Photojournalism, News Writing and Reporting, Editing, Radio and Television Production amongst others.
You must pass the following subject(s) in O’Level obtained at not more than 2 sitting
- A credit pass in Mathematics
- A credit pass in English Language
and at least credit pass in 3 other subjects
Duration of NIJ Programmes
National Diploma (ND)
The programme is of four semesters (Two Academic Sessions) duration for Full-Time students and Six Semester (Three Academic Sessions) for Part-Time students.
Higher National Diploma (HND)
The programme is Four-Semester (Two Academic Sessions) for Full-Time students and Six Semesters (Three Academic Sessions) for Part-Time students.
Postgraduate Diploma (PGD)
The programme is of Two semesters (One Academic Session) duration for Full Time and Three semesters for Part-Time students.
How to Apply for the Nigerian Institute of Journalism Admission Form
Interested persons should apply through the links below:
- The application form fee is non-refundable.
- The application form can be saved with a view of completion at a later date.
- An application cannot be submitted if the application fee is not paid at the end of the form.
After submission of your form, you can always check the status of your application by logging into the portal again. However, you will receive important email messages as it relates to your application status.
The date of the examination for ND (part-time), HND and PGD shall be communicated to Applicants.
RECOMMENDED: List of Schools Whose Post UTME Forms are Out.