Nigeria Maritime University (NMU) resumption date for the continuation of academic activities has been postponed. The new date of resumption is available below.
The management of the Nigeria Maritime University (NMU) wishes to inform all students and staff of the change in the date of resumption of academic activities.
NMU Resumption Date for Staff and Students
- FG Scholarship Awards for Postgraduate, Undergraduate, HND and NCE 2020/2021
- Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships (QECS) 2021/2022
- Chevening Essay Competition 2021 for Undergraduate Students
- Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) Entrepreneurship Programme 2021 for Entrepreneurs | $5,000 in Seed Capital + More
- Türkiye Scholarships 2021 for Undergraduate & Postgraduate Studies | Fully Funded to Study in Turkey
Following a renewed directive by the National Universities Commission (NUC) due to the scare of the second wave of COVID-19 Pandemic, and in compliance with extant policies put in place by Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), the University Management has directed as follows:
- Staff on CONTISS 11 (or its equivalent) and below should stay at home for five (5) weeks effective Wednesday 23rd December 2020.
- The affected staff in (i) above are expected to resume duty on Thursday 28th January 2021.
- Staff on CONTISS 12 (or its equivalent) and above are expected to report to duty and are enjoined to strictly adhere to established COVID-19 protocols.
- In line with the Federal Government directive of the Presidential Task Force (PTE) on COVID-19, that all schools should remain closed till Monday 18th January 2021.
Sequel to the above, therefore, Academic activities would resume fully on Monday 18th January 2021, as against our earlier scheduled resumption date of Sunday 10th January 2021.
This directive is for your strict compliance, please.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!