Northwest University (now Yusuf Maitama Sule University, YUMSUK) post-UTME and Direct Entry screening exercise application form for the 2020/2021 academic session. See the requirements and how to obtain NWU post UTME form below.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Northwest University (NWU), Kano (now Yusuf Maitama Sule University Kano, YUMSUK) undergraduate programmes for the 2020/2021 academic year.
Candidates Eligible for NWU Post UTME / DE Screening
a. Candidates must have chosen the Yusuf Maitama Sule University, Kano as first choice;
b. Must have obtained a minimum of 5 Credit Passes including English Language and Mathematics In SSCE (or Equivalent) at not more than two sittings for both UTME and D.E. Candidates.
c. Must have scored the minimum Cut-off Mark for the programme applied as stated below:
UTME CUT-OFF MARKS
220 and above
- COMPUTER SCIENCE
- INTERNATIONAL STUDIES
180 and above
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- INFORMATION & COMM. TECH.
- ISLAMIC STUDIES
- HISTORY & INTT. STUDIES (combined)
- EDUCATION BIOLOGY
- EDUCATION ISLAMIC STUDIES
- LIBRARY & INFORMATION SCIENCE
170 and above
- ARABIC STUDIES
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE
- EDUCATION ARABIC
- EDUCATION ENGLISH
- EDUCATION ECONOMICS
- EDUCATION MATHEMATICS
- EDUCATION PHYSICS
- EDUCATION CHEMISTRY
- EDUCATION GEOGRAPHY
- EDUCATION HISTORY
160 and above
d. Must have registered In the Yusuf Maitama Sule University, Kano 2020/2021 Admissions Screen PORTAL
e. Candidates without O’Level results can choose the Awaiting Results (A.R) option against the subjects that for or Intended to sit for.
f. When the O’Level result is available, candidates are expected to upload their results on the JAMB PORTAL and UNIVERSITY PORTAL
g. Must have possessed JAMB 2020 UTME Result Slip.
Direct Entry Candidates:
a. Must have possessed 2020 Direct Entry (D.E) online Registration Slip.
b. Must have obtained the National Diploma (ND), IJMB, NCE (or equivalent) certificate or statement of result
c. Candidates with ND must have a minimum CGPA of 3.0 for Science-based programmes and 3.5 for Arts-based programmes.
d. D.E. Candidates with N.C.E must have a minimum of 9 points for relevant programmes In the Faculty Education.
e. D.E. Candidates with UMB must have a minimum of 7 points for Sciences and 8 points for Arts based programmes.
How to Apply for NWU / YUMSUK Post UTME Screening Form
1. The date for the commencement of the ONLINE registration is Wednesday, 26th August, 2020, while the closing date is Wednesday, 7th October, 2020 at midnight.
2. Candidates wishing to register should visit the University WEBSITE (www.nwu.edu.ng) and click on “2020 ADMISSION PORTAL” to register for the Aptitude Test or the D.E. Screening.
3. Candidates should generate REMITA payment Invoice from the portal and proceed to any Bank nationwide to make payment of the Sum of TWO THOUSAND NAIRA (N2,000.00) only as the Screening Charges.
4. Return to the Portal to complete the registration and print your Acknowledgement Slip to be presented together with other credentials during the Aptitude Test or the D.E. Screening.
Northwest University Post UTME Screening Details
- Date of Screening Exercise for both UTME and D.E would be communicated later.
- Candidates would be requested to come along with original and photocopies of their credentials as well the Acknowledgement Slip for the Screening Exercise on the announced date.
- ONLY CANDIDATES who have registered with Yusuf Maitama Sule University Registration Portal will be screened.
- Comprehensive list of admitted candidates would be uploaded on the University Portal where Candidates can access with their Login Credentials.
RECOMMENDED: List of Schools Whose Post UTME Forms are Out.