The National Universities Commission (NUC) has approved 16 additional undergraduate and postgraduate programmes for Usman Danfodiyo University, Sokoto (UDUSOK).
Below is the content of the letter sent to Usman Danfodiyo University Sokoto (UDUSOK) by the National Universities Commission (NUC), confirming the new programmes approved:
The Vice-Chancellor would kindly recall that a resource verification visit was carried out by panels of experts to some proposed academic programmes in Usman Danfodiyo University, Sokoto with a view to assessing the human and material resources available for their establishment.
I am directed to inform the Vice-Chancellor that the Executive Secretary has considered and approved the establishment of the full-time mode of the following undergraduate and postgraduate programmes, to be run in the Main Campus of the University, effective from 2020/2021 academic session:
- M.Sc and PhD Medical Laboratory Science
- Doctor of Optometry
- B.Sc. (Ed) Computer Science
- B. (Ed) Curriculum Studies
- B. (Ed) Guidance and Counseling
- B.Sc (Ed) Library and Information Science
- B.Sc (Ed) Agricultural Science Education
- M.Sc Management Studies
- M.Phil/Ph.D Medicinal and Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- PhD Medical and Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- PhD Pharmaceutical Microbiology
- M.Sc Pharmaceutical Microbiology
- M.Phil Pharmaceutical Microbiology
- (BPT) Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- MSc. Public Administration
- M.Phil Public Administration
- PhD Public Administration
- B.Sc Nutrition and Dietetics
- M.Phil/Ph.D Peace and Conflict Studies
- M.Sc. Peace and Conflict Studies
- Master of Peace and Security Studies
- Postgraduate Diploma in Peace and Conflict Studies
- MSe. Pharmaceutics
- M.Phil/Ph.D Pharmaceutics
- PhD Pharmaceutics
- M.Sc. Pharmacology and Toxicology
- M.Phil/Ph.D Pharmacology and Toxicology
- PhD Pharmacology and Toxicology.
I am to add that the approval does not cover the part-time mode of delivery of the programmes. All programmes shall bear only the approved titles and nomenclatures and any change will require re-approval of the Commission.
The University is enjoined to provide adequate human and material resources for the development and growth of the approved programmes.
Please, accept the assurance of the Executive Secretary’s highest regards.