Nigerian Women Association of Georgia, NWAG scholarship awards for 37 Female Undergraduates in Nigerian Universities.
Each year the Nigerian Women Association of Georgia -NWAG- offers undergraduate Scholarships for 37 Nigerian female students in Nigerian universities on any course of study.
The Nigerian Women Association of Georgia (NWAG) plans to award 37 one-time scholarships, one per state of origin as well as one for the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), in Naira equivalent amount of $200.00 each, to Nigerian female undergraduate students in Nigerian university or tertiary institutions.
NWAG, a non-profit organization based in Atlanta Georgia, was founded in April 2000 by the then Consul General’s wife, Mrs. Dayo Keshi with a mission to empower women, youth and children in their adopted community in the United States and in their home country, Nigeria.
NWAG Scholarships Requirements
All applications must include the following documents:
- Proof of State of Origin – Letter of Origination from the university or a letter from your local government office.
- Two Letters of Recommendation from any two of the following: Church Pastor/Mosque Imam, Village Head, Local Government Chairperson or one of your Lecturers.
- One Letter of Recommendation from either the Dean of your Faculty/School or your Head of Department. Photocopy of your current university student identification card
- A current photograph of yourself
- An explanation of why you need and should receive the scholarship (not more than one-half typed page).
- A type-written, double – spaced, two-page Essay on: “Women are marginalized in leadership positions in Nigeria. Position yourself as a woman activist and propose how you can advocate for women rights in government positions, challenge early/child marriage and gender discrimination”
NWAG Scholarships : Essay Topic
2016: “How has the current inflation and its resultant high cost of living in Nigeria, affected the quality of education in Nigeria?”
How to Apply for NWAG Scholarships
Interested and qualified candidates should download and complete the application form below, submit their application and all required documents as stated in the requirement above to NWAG either electronically via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Via regular mail to:
P.O. Box 14542,
Georgia – 30324,
- All electronic submissions must be in pdf or word format only (no other submissions will be accepted). Subject line of email: name of applicant & state of origin.
- Application process is free! Do not send money to anyone nor include money in your application
Apply Before: 31st May, 2017.
RECOMMENDED: Check Here for More Scholarships and Opportunities.