Nigerian Young Academy (NYA) is now accepting applications from young researchers for its 2019 National Young Researcher’s Prizes. The deadline for submission of applications is 28th February, 2019.
The Nigerian Young Academy (NYA) call for applications to her National Young Researcher’s Prizes in Linguistics, Microbiology, Mathematical Sciences. Chemical and Health Sciences (please see box to the right for the list of Prizes). These prizes were established by the NYA, through the kind donations of distinguished Nigerian academics with a view to promoting original research in the relevant fields, especially among young researchers (below 45 years) in Nigeria. The prizes were designed to recognize the scientific achievements of outstanding young researchers working in respective fields and living in Nigeria: and encourage them to continue to strive for excellence in their research.
Nigerian Young Academy (NYA) National Young Researcher’s Prizes Eligibility.
- Candidate should not be older than 45 years of age by May 30th, 2019.
- Candidate should show scholarly research in his/her field and must be affiliated to a not-for-profit research institution in Nigeria (e.g. Universities or Research Institutes).
- Only Nigerian citizens who have lived and worked in Nigeria for at least the last 3 years will be considered.
- Candidates must hold at least a Master’s degree in relevant discipline and have a good record of research publications in reputable peer-reviewed Journals.
- The result of the selection will be announced on or before May 30th, 2019.
- Members of NYA are excluded from competing for these prizes. Persons who have applied for these prizes are not eligible to apply for NYA membership in the year they have applied for the prize.
- Applicants can apply for only one NYA prize for the year. Multiple applications from same applicant for different NYA prizes will all be automatically disqualified.
How to Apply for Nigerian Young Academy (NYA) National Young Researcher’s Prizes.
To apply, complete the online application form by visiting the NYA website www.nigerianyoungacademy.org and click Fill Form under Prizes Application. Signing in to google account is required for completion Follow all instructions on the form strictly.
Apply Before: 28th February, 2019.
RECOMMENDED: Check Here for More Scholarships and Opportunities.