Management of the Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) released a press release on the deadly Ebola Virus Disease (EVD).
- Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) Resumption Date
- ASUU Strike: Imo State University (IMSU) Pulls Out, Resumes Academic Session
- OAU Notice on Fraudulent Internet Activities
- Mountain Top University (MTU) JUPEB Admission Form for 2022/2023 Academic Session
- Afe Babalola University Ado-Ekiti (ABUAD) Pre-Degree, JUPEB/Foundation Admission Form for 2022/2023 Academic Session
The attention of the university community is hereby drawn to the detection of the deadly Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) in Nigeria.
The highly contagious EVD which is currently ravaging some west Aarican countries could easily be spread through contact with infected persons. The virus could also be transmitted to uninfected persons through contacts with bats. In view of the colonization of the university estate by migratory fruit bats, members of the University community and their dependants are hereby strongly advised to avoid all form of contacts with bats. Specifically, members are advised to avoid touching, holding or eating bats. It is also advisable to avoid pathways through which one may come intact with the faeces/droppings of the bats.
Members of the community are advised to promptly and without delay report cases of sudden onset fever, muscle pain, general body weakness and any form of bleeding at the Medical and Health Services Centre for immediate attention.