OAUTHC Medical X-ray Darkroom Technician Training Form 2022/2023
Last updated on by Olusegun Fapohunda
Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals Complex, OAUTHC Medical Darkroom Technician Training Programme admission form for the 2022/2023 academic session.
- OAU Teaching Hospital School of Health Information Management [SHIM] Admission List
- OAUTHC School of Nursing Post UTME Entrance Exam Result
- OAUTHC School of Nursing Post UTME Form
- Katsina State College of Nursing and Midwifery (CONAMKAT) Basic Nursing Admission Form
- CONAMKAT Refresher Basic Nursing Admission Form
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Medical Darkroom Technician Training Programme for the 2022/2023 session at Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals Complex, Ile-Ife.
The objective is to produce Medical X-Ray Darkroom Personnel whose duties are restricted to the X-Ray Darkroom and these duties include processing the X-Ray films used by the Radiographers among other duties.
The Programme provides an advanced course for the already existing Medical X-Ray Darkroom Personnel. Empowering them through training to carry out basic maintenance of auto-processor, accessories like cassettes, screen mounting appreciation and elimination of artifacts, management of waste products of processing solutions etc. On completion of training, a darkroom technician entry point is Grade Level 07 and can rise to Grade Level 13.
BENEFITS OF THE TRAINING:
- Employment in institutions having X-Ray installation
- Direct entry admission to study Radiography in Nigeria Universities
RECOGNITION AND APPROVAL:
- The course is recognized and approved by the Radiographers Registration Board of Nigeria. The Nomenclature for the graduate of the Programme is Medical Image Processing /X-Ray Technician.
OAUTHC Medical X-ray Darkroom Technician Training Programme Duration & Entry Requirements
DURATION: The programme lasts for three (3) Calendar years for Freshers and two (2) calendar years for Post Assistant candidates.
- Basic Qualifications for Freshers: Applicant must have five (5) Credits, at not more than two (2) sitting in WAEC/NECO in the following subjects: English Language, Mathematics and any two from Physics, Chemistry and Biology plus any other subject.
- Post Assistant Qualifications: Holder of Darkroom Assistant Certificate in Medical Darkroom Practice of the Institute of Radiographers of Nigeria, plus the requirements stated in (4) above shall be admitted for two (2) years duration to complete the Medical Image Processing Technician Programme.
How to Apply for OAUTHC Medical X-ray Darkroom Technician Training Programme
Application forms are to be obtained from the Clinical Services and Training Department, Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals’ Complex, Ile-Ife on payment of Five Thousand Naira (N5,000.00) only via REMITA.
Payment should be made into O.A.U.T.H.C.’S TSA Recurrent Account via REMITA Platform through any Commercial Bank and indicate the purpose of payment as “Admission Form into Medical X-ray Darkroom Technician Training Programme”.
Thereafter, the evidence of payment should be brought to the Clinical Services and Training to collect the admission form.
ACCOMMODATION: The Course is non-Residential.
AWAITING RESULT: Candidates still awaiting their O Level results can apply but the results must be available on the day of the interview.
TEST AND SELECTION INTERVIEW: Selection for admission will be based on the candidate’s performance at a competitive Written Test and Oral Interview to be conducted on Tuesday 30th August and Wednesday 31st August 2022 at MRI Suite, Radiology Department, O.A.U.T.H.C, Ile-Ife at 10.00am. Candidates are to bring their Original Certificates to the Examination Centre.
CLOSING DATE: Completed application forms duly endorsed by sponsors, together with photocopies of relevant credentials should be returned to the office where the forms were obtained on or before August 15th, 2022. Applicant should write his/her functional GSM Phone Number on the application form. Late collection and submission of form shall attract a fine of N2,000.00 only.
Ace Your Exams: Join Our Online Classes For JAMB, WAEC, NECO & NABTEB Candidates