Olympus Global Open Photo Contest 2017/18 : Anyone Can Participate With Any Kind of Camera
Updated on by Olusegun Fapohunda
Olympus is calling on photographers (amateur and professional) from across the globe to present their work.
Throughout our nearly 100-year history, Olympus has been recognized as a pioneer and innovator focused on contributing to society by making people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling.
In line with these contributions, the Olympus Global Open Photo Contest 2017-18 will feature the following six categories. The competition is open to everyone, amateur and professional photographers alike. Entries are welcome from any country or region around the world.
Olympus Global Open Photo Contest Eligibility.
Anyone, with the exception of those employed by Olympus or its affiliates, may enter this contest. If you are under 18, please obtain your parent’s or guardian’s consent before entering. For citizens residing in European Union countries, we can not accept participation by minors under 7.
Olympus Global Open Photo Contest Prizes.
- Grand Prize
- Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II + M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-40mm F2.8 PRO + 1,000,000 Japanese Yen
- First Prize (one per category)
- Olympus PEN-F + M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm F2.0
- Second Prize (one per category)
- Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark III + M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ
- Third Prize (one per category)
- Olympus PEN E-PL8 + M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ
- Runners-Up (ten per category)
- Moleskine Custom Edition Hard Cover Notebook with Olympus camera cover design
Olympus Global Open Photo Contest Categories.
Getting Outside: Enter a photo that conveys the joy, freedom, or excitement of discovery you feel when you are outside.
Art: Enter a creative photo that showcases your unique artistic visions.
Power of Life: Enter a powerful photo that conveys how beautiful, vibrant, healthy, and full of energy life can be.
Light: Light can take on many characters. It can be vivid, faint, warm, spontaneous… Enter a photo showing one of the many faces of light.
Stories: Enter a photo that tells a whole story all in a single image.
Connections to Cherish: Enter a heart-warming photo that expresses the love and peace of mind that family and friends provide you with.
How to Enter Olympus Global Open Photo Contest.
- Only online entries will be eligible.
- Enter from the Categories section.
- *Anyone submitting an entry is asked to register a username.
Number of Entries
- Each entrant may submit up to 5 photo entries for each category.
- Each image must be in JPEG or JPG format, and be 15 megabytes or smaller.
Enter Here Official Link
- Entry: 11:00 Monday, November 27, 2017 to 15:59 Monday, February 26, 2018 — times are Japan Standard Time (GMT +9)
- Winners Announced: June 2018
It is possible that registration and entry processing may slow down drastically during the final hours of the entry period due to a rush of last-minute entries. To avoid missing the deadline due to this possible slowdown, please complete registration and photo entry as early as possible. The Olympus Global Open Photo Contest Operations Team cannot provide assistance to those entrants whose entries did not get processed prior to the deadline due to system slowdown or error.
RECOMMENDED: Check Here for More Scholarships and Opportunities.