AFTER several months of controversy over her acting capacity as Vice Chancellor of the Edo state owned Ambrose Alli University (AAU), Ekpoma, Governor Adams Oshiomhole Tuesday confirmed the appointment of Prof.Cordelia Agbebaku as the substantive Vice Chancellor of the state-owned university.
Oshiomhole who disclosed the confirmation when he received traditional rulers from Edo Central senatorial district who were at Government House on a courtesy call, said the government’s decision was borne out of the fact that Vice Chancellor has brought stability and development to the university.
- ASUU Strike: Imo State University (IMSU) Pulls Out, Resumes Academic Session
- Mountain Top University (MTU) JUPEB Admission Form for 2022/2023 Academic Session
- Afe Babalola University Ado-Ekiti (ABUAD) Pre-Degree, JUPEB/Foundation Admission Form for 2022/2023 Academic Session
- Ajayi Crowther University (ACU) JUPEB/Pre-Degree Admission Form for 2022/2023 Academic Session
- Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Remedial & Basic Studies (IJMB) Registration Procedure for 2021/2022 Academic Session
According to him, “we are confirming the Vice Chancellor of Ambrose Alli University. I believe she brought some stability to the institution.”
They tried to politicise the whole thing by bringing ethnicity into it, but Edo will be driven by merit because we recognize merit.
“We will continue to do our best to make the point that Edo is one and the same. Politics of ethnicity is promoted by people who do not have ideas and there is nothing that is good for the Bini man that is bad for the Esan man and there is nothing that is good for the Esan man that is bad for the Bini man.
“Politicians create this divide. One of my objectives is to remind ourselves of our common ancestry and common dialect. I want to thank you for all you are doing to promote the cause of peace and sharing information with security agencies that has led to the reduction of crime in the state”, he said.
The royal fathers from Edo Central were led by the Onojie of Opoji, Ehidiamen 1, who thanked the Governor for the development in their domains said “we recall with nostalgia that in your first tenure as the governor of the state, you sacrificed the position of speaker of the House of Assembly that was in your area to Esan people, This gesture of yours has again demonstrated how much you appreciate the Esan people. appointing Mr Jerry Obazele as the Head of Service of Edo State.