Pulitzer Center is now accepting applications from journalists, writers, photographers, radio producers or filmmakers, staff journalists as well as freelancers and media professionals outside the U.S. for the Persephone Miel Fellowship Program. The deadline for the submission of applications for the Pulitzer Center Persephone Miel Fellowship Program is 10th April, 2020.
The Persephone Miel Fellowship, overseen by the Pulitzer Center and launched in partnership with Internews, is designed to help journalists from the developing world do the kind of reporting they’ve always wanted to do and enable them to bring their work to a broader international audience.
The fellowship benefits those with limited access to other fellowships and those whose work is not routinely disseminated internationally. Miel fellowships involve reporting from within the applicant’s native country—or following migrant communities from there to other locations.
Persephone Miel Fellowship Eligibility.
- Open to all journalists, writers, photographers, radio producers or filmmakers, staff journalists as well as freelancers and media professionals outside the U.S. who are seeking to report from their home country.
- Female journalists and journalists from developing countries are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must be proficient in English.
Persephone Miel Fellowship Benefits.
- The Pulitzer Center on Crisis Reporting will provide a travel grant of $5000 for a reporting project on topics and regions of global importance, with an emphasis on issues that have gone unreported or under-reported in the mainstream media.
- Before beginning the project the Persephone Miel Fellow will come to Washington, D.C., to meet with Pulitzer Center staff and journalists and take part in a 2-day workshop on the pending project and strategies for placement and outreach. The Pulitzer Center will provide $2500 to cover travel expenses associated with the Washington workshop.
- The Center works with fellowship recipients to distribute their work across multiple platforms in the U.S. to reach the widest possible audience. Projects with multimedia components that combine print, photography and video are strongly encouraged.
Persephone Miel Fellowship Selection Criteria.
Selection will be based on the strength of the proposed topic and the strength of the applicant’s work as demonstrated in their work samples. They are looking for projects that explore systemic issues in the applicant’s native country and that provide an overarching thesis, rather than individual spot-reports from the field.
How to Apply for Persephone Miel Fellowship.
Follow the link below to fill the form online.
Apply Here Official Page
RECOMMENDED: Check Here for More Scholarships and Opportunities.