Presidential Special Scholarship Scheme for Innovation and Development, PRESSID application form for the 2015/2016 academic session is out.
This is to inform the general public that the PRESSID Implementation Committee invites application from suitably qualified members of the public to the third edition of the scholar ship award scheme (2015/2016 academic session).
As part of efforts to achieve the goals of Vision 20:2020 and the Transformation Agenda, the Federal Government of Nigeria plans to develop a critical mass of professionals who would serve as catalysts of change and agents of scientific and technological advancement, as well as sustainable economic development. This would be achieved through the sponsorship of outstanding students for postgraduate studies in the top 28 universities in the world. To this end, the Federal Government has instituted the Presidential Special Scholarship Scheme for Innovation and Development.
Eligibility Criteria for PRESSID
Interested candidates should:
- be graduates from the 2011/2012 and 2012/2013 academic sessions, who would have completed their National Youth Service by October 2014;
- have obtained First Class Honours degree from any recognised and approved University in the following disciplines and aim at postgraduate degrees in the specified and allied disciplines:
- Sciences: Nuclear Physics, Operations Research, Industrial Chemistry, Quantitative Genetics, etc
- Basic Medical Sciences: Anatomy, Physiology, Medical Biochemistry, etc;
- Special Aspects of Biology: Biometrics, Molecular Biology, etc;
- Economics: Econometrics, Development Economics, etc;
- Engineering & Technology: Aeronautical Engineering, Mechatronics, Metallurgy, Material Science and Production Engineering, Nanotechnology, Cyber-Security, Software Engineering, etc;
- Medicine: Oncology, Human Genetics, Hepatology, Nuclear Medicine, Geriatrics, etc;
*In the case of Medicine, candidates must have a minimum of 2 Distinctions in their Part 3 and Part 4 MBBS examinations; In all cases, candidates must:
- be below 30 years of age by October 2014;
- be computer literate; and
- be ready to be bonded and to work, preferably, as academic staff in any public university or research institute for a minimum period of five (5) years.
How to Apply for PRESSID
- To apply for PRESSID, simply go to http://scholarship.nuc.edu.ng/
- Click on Apply at the top of the page and follow the instructions to apply.
1. You are required to apply only once. You will be DISQUALIFIED if you apply twice.
2. DO NOT REFRESH YOUR BROWSER OR CLICK YOUR BROWSER BACK BUTTON WHILE APPLYING.
Click on the GET YOUR PIN button to generate your PIN for the application. PLEASE KEEP PIN SAFE AS IT WILL BE REQUIRED FOR UPDATES DURING THE COURSE OF THE APPLICATION EXERCISE.
Please note that universities in the United States of America require candidates to sit for the Graduate Record Exams (GRE) before they can secure admission.
For further enquiries, please contact the Committee through firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidate will be invited for further screening.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!